Cancel your MW2 (PC) preorders

nickosha

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is only one reason for this. Greed. Screw the PC users by developing anything extra for them. Port the s.itty 360 version to PC and be done. Sell all the 360 and PS3 copies we can.

FPS GAMES BELONG ON PC!!

Wait, so console users still have the option to connect to any server they want, but PC users don't? Thank god I'm getting this for the 360.

Ugh, not sure if you been living under a rock. But almost all console games use a matchmaking system like the one they want to put into the PC version.

You can still create private rooms and join friend's games on the console and PC version with this matchmaking system.

"Bowling was steadfast in telling BASHandSlash that, for the whole of the community, IWNet will be a benefit."

if by benefit he means a giant *ick he's going to use to screw the PC community in the bum with

i don't think he's gonna really get to test it's benefit on account that only five PC gamers are gonna get the game

This sucks. I hate L4Ds matchmaking service but at least you can pick servers with the browser. I wont be picking this up on release, if at all until I know how IWnet really works.

But almost all console games use a matchmaking system like the one they want to put into the PC version.

Gay.

But maybe since it's on Xbox LIVE it'll be integrated better and all games will share a similar system?

Clans can still just make a custom game and load mods and what have you from there... and invite other players in. It's not that hard. It will work just like CoD4 works on 360 which I don't have a problem with.

You choose a playlist (Team Deathmatch, Sabotage, etc) and it puts you into a match of players around your same rank. It then chooses the best host out of everyone and starts the match. There is a countdown and it chooses a map, if you don't like it you can vote to skip and if over half of the lobby votes to skip then it randomly chooses another map.

As for private you just start a lobby and invite people in, same as always. You can choose your maps, gametypes, rules, what have you and start the game.. So instead of going into matchmaking you can just do that. The only downside is no ranking or anything but who really cares about that anyways?

There is only one reason for this. Greed. Screw the PC users by developing anything extra for them. Port the s.itty 360 version to PC and be done. Sell all the 360 and PS3 copies we can.

FPS GAMES BELONG ON PC!!

First off i am scared about this too. But i dont see what you mean about greed being the cause. Can you explain, it just seems like this would not save them any money...... it may even cost them more to implement this. I still dont understand their reasoning. IWNet may be some kinda deal worked out that makes infinity money i dont know about. Thats why i ask.

And just think we all said infinity was the better company in the franchise. Its a shame