Cancel your MW2 (PC) preorders

nickosha

Just want to update that everyone is doing AMAZING with the boycott.

Preorders are below L4D2, Dragon Age Origins, Borderlands, and even below the purchases of ArmA II. Epic win for us.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preorders are below L4D2, Dragon Age Origins, Borderlands, and even below the purchases of ArmA II. Epic win for us.

well seems people know what they're doing, bobby kotick has successfully managed to lose a good couple millions in sales

Edited by molotovdaskwerl

They will probably do what they did with L4D. Give you an option to use the matchmaking system or use a server browser to view player created games like on L4D and Killzone 2. I highly doubt they are going to drop this system and move back to dedicated servers. Well, because they just seem dedicated to how they want the new MW2's matchmaking system to be implemented on PC.

They will probably do what they did with L4D. Give you an option to use the matchmaking system or use a server browser to view player created games like on L4D and Killzone 2. I highly doubt they are going to drop this system and move back to dedicated servers. Well, because they just seem dedicated to how they want the new MW2's matchmaking system to be implemented on PC.

they could keep dedicated servers and their matchmaking system, by having the system send you to servers with the criteria that you need to join

however they aren't gonna do that because they need that dominatrix like control so that they can make you pay, but they wont support the servers themselves because god forbid their precious IWnet costs more money then they really need to spend to steal money from their "precious" customers

It would be great to have matchmaking and dedicated servers. Sometimes I get home late and want to play some CoD4 but all my favourite servers are near empty. So to find a good server, I need to refresh the server list...*go to the bathroom, go for a smoke, grab a bite to eat....* ok done. Find a good server and play.

I know it's not a big hassle, but to find the best game, requires the full refresh. That's where I think matchmaking can be useful.

However, to have to completely rely on their system is like putting us into tubes that spit you out into a random game. Disgusting, I can't even see all the tubes and pick which one to take...trapped.

I'll buy it when dedicated servers are implemented...

I never preorder because you pay extra and you don't even get the game the day it comes out. Pretty gay.

I never preorder because you pay extra and you don't even get the game the day it comes out. Pretty gay.

Eh? Since when does preorder mean you pay extra. Your preorder price counts for the total price of the game. So if you drop down $5, it means you paid for $5 of the total $50 or $60. So when the game releases you just pay the leftover $45 or $55 + tax. You don't pay extra.

If you preorder games, you do get them on release day. Most release dates you see online are the shipping dates. The dates they ship the games to the stores, unless there is a midnight launch.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Eh? Since when does preorder mean you pay extra. Your preorder price counts for the total price of the game. So if you drop down $5, it means you paid for $5 of the total $50 or $60. So when the game releases you just pay the leftover $45 or $55 + tax. You don't pay extra.

If you preorder games, you do get them on release day. Most release dates you see online are the shipping dates. The dates they ship the games to the stores, unless there is a midnight launch.

Oh, I remember there used to be some fee's for pre-ordering. Maybe I will pre-order then :lol:

you dont pay extra. you just pay full price. but then you realise two days after release that another retailer has it in stock selling for $10 below rrp

also regarding pre orders down. thats pretty surprising considering the really expensive bundle of Night vision goggles preorders sold out everywhere

just for clarification, which publishers can we still buy games off? boycot activision over this, boycot valve over L4D2, boycot EA over antipiracy measures and year after year sequel. are there any goodones left? lol

Edited by bilcliff

It would be great to have matchmaking and dedicated servers. Sometimes I get home late and want to play some CoD4 but all my favourite servers are near empty. So to find a good server, I need to refresh the server list...*go to the bathroom, go for a smoke, grab a bite to eat....* ok done. Find a good server and play.

I know it's not a big hassle, but to find the best game, requires the full refresh. That's where I think matchmaking can be useful.

However, to have to completely rely on their system is like putting us into tubes that spit you out into a random game. Disgusting, I can't even see all the tubes and pick which one to take...trapped.

I'll buy it when dedicated servers are implemented...

i don't want to be in a tube that i don't know who else has been, their are some really gross people

i'll but it IF dedicated servers are implemented.

you dont pay extra. you just pay full price. but then you realise two days after release that another retailer has it in stock selling for $10 below rrp

also regarding pre orders down. thats pretty surprising considering the really expensive bundle of Night vision goggles preorders sold out everywhere

just for clarification, which publishers can we still buy games off? boycot activision over this, boycot valve over L4D2, boycot EA over antipiracy measures and year after year sequel. are there any goodones left? lol

L4D2 is okay, people just whined about it coz o noes it's coming out in a year, that's too early it's obviously gonna suck, likely it isn'tgonna suck for that, MW2 is being boycotted for a GOOD reason

and EA is just annoying, i don't like their malware/spyware

That was before anyone knew about the whole dedicated server fiasco.

Also, note, that the bundle wasn't available for the PC.