Cancel your MW2 (PC) preorders

nickosha

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still pretty sure there a lot of PC gamers still getting it. If I liked the frag throwing fest of CoD 4, I would still buy CoD MW 2 with the recent changes (except the $60 price, I would scavenge for a $50 or less). But, I don't like frag throwing fest so I'll let someone else buy it for the family 360.

The matchmaking system really doesn't bother me. You don't get the community feel of playing on the same server over and over, but at least the game is still fun when grouped with friends and solo.

For starters. All PC versions of games are more subjected to hackers. There are hackers on consoles, but not to the extent of the PC community. But you don't often run into hackers, unless you play on a lot off different servers rather than a few.

Secondly, if you wanted to play on a larger resolution. You might have to upgrade your video card if it's not enough. Not everyone who owns a 15'-19' owns a video card powerful enough to do modern games at 20'+ screens. Console games may not always be on 720p/1080p natively, but with a decent TV, it can upscales pretty well.

PC's generally require more maintenance. Don't keep up with the maintenance and your gaming performance may suffer.

As you can see from the subject of CoD 4 and CoD MW 2. Developers or the higher ups favor the console version more. Leaving PC users with half done ports or missing features.

I've never had any issues with hackers in a long time, sure the possibility is there, but there also is the possibility of good hackers (modders) to exist.

though those with good graphics will enjoy a much better experience than the low resolution, upscaled console versions :P (with lower texture quality and other things removed so that the game is playable).

I don't maintain my computer, I don't run antivirus suites, I don't defrag, I don't check for spyware....my gaming experience is amazing. We're not living in the world of XP anymore

just because the money makers want to make alot of money and do less work, doesn't make them right or does it.....

we had to pay for DLC on many of games this last yr for PC. Just cause its PC doesnt mean the DLC is free, unless it is a free Mod or pirated. COD4 official maps were paid for by the well hated nvidia, thats why we got them for free. PC gamers wouldve had to pay for them just as the consoles had not Nvidia put the money up for all, just cause they like punishing gamers lol. I dont like this crap one bit, but if they were just copying the consoles wouldnt they have adopted windows live? I am confused about this. I just dont see DLC as the motive as they couldve charged us and left it the old way. I still expect to see mods for mw2, heck i wouldnt even doubt if they come up with a mod that lets us play the old way. It sucks, this uncertainty, but i still want to wait and see before i decide how horrible it is or isnt. I am gonna wait before i buy for sure this time.

i don't hate nvidia, i just don't think we should pay for maps when amateurs can make it for no money grant it'll be shoddier, but still

i know there was fallout3 expansions, but those are expansions not extra maps

there are many ppl on live that is a...i would think anyway

i said a good deal, not a good percentage of them are, and i will have to argue on that, the majority of people i talk to that own xbox's are prats that either do nothing but skateboard and talk about ladies parts (dun want to say the v word on these forums) rednecks, and jockish peoples

i will acknowledge that there is probably a large amount of intellectual peoples that plays the xbox, but i never here them talk about MW or halo, or something and about how much they likes to play them while chuggin some brewskies and smokin dopes with their bros because the peoples, with half a brain, don't do that and they are respectable peopls

I've never had any issues with hackers in a long time, sure the possibility is there, but there also is the possibility of good hackers (modders) to exist.

though those with good graphics will enjoy a much better experience than the low resolution, upscaled console versions :P (with lower texture quality and other things removed so that the game is playable).

I don't maintain my computer, I don't run antivirus suites, I don't defrag, I don't check for spyware....my gaming experience is amazing. We're not living in the world of XP anymore

just because the money makers want to make alot of money and do less work, doesn't make them right or does it.....

pretty much sums it up

Edited by molotovdaskwerl

Graphics aren't going to be a huge difference in actual gameplay. If your a visually eye candy gamer, you would drown yourself in drool. But playing Batman Arkham Asylum on the 360 and loving it. Then seeing the YouTube videos of the PC version with Physx, didn't really make me regret getting it for the 360 instead. So as to say if you have better graphics you would enjoy a game more, doesn't make it really that much better.

Like with Crytek says about releasing Cry Engine 3.0. You can now make a good looking game, but it doesn't mean your going to make a good game. Gameplay > Graphics. Graphics does play a major part, but when the gameplay is just as amazing as Batman Arkham Asylum it really doesn't matter.

======

That community your describing about Console gamers is actually worst on the PC. At least the servers I play on. The PC community had a long time to mature into a group of immature gamers. They are the masters of annoyance and BS. Although Console gamers have nearly caught up to PC gamers in their douchebag ways. The total anonymous internet brings out the worst in people.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Graphics aren't going to be a huge difference in actual gameplay. If your a visually eye candy gamer, you would drown yourself in drool. But playing Batman Arkham Asylum on the 360 and loving it. Then seeing the YouTube videos of the PC version with Physx, didn't really make me regret getting it for the 360 instead. So as to say if you have better graphics you would enjoy a game more, doesn't make it really that much better.

Like with Crytek says about releasing Cry Engine 3.0. You can now make a good looking game, but it doesn't mean your going to make a good game. Gameplay > Graphics. Graphics does play a major part, but when the gameplay is just as amazing as Batman Arkham Asylum it really doesn't matter.

======

That your community your describing about Console gamers is actually worst on the PC. At least the servers I play on. The PC community had a long time to mature into a group of immature gamers. They are the masters of annoyance and BS. Although Console gamers have nearly caught up to PC gamers in their douchebag ways. The total anonymous internet brings out the worst in people.

oh yeah I totally agree with that, but in the PC version you get both the good gameplay and better graphics. With no trade off :thumbs-up:

and as for the d-bags on pc games, my trusty razer mouse will bring them a swift and painless death ;)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

oh yeah I totally agree with that, but in the PC version you get both the good gameplay and better graphics. With no trade off :thumbs-up:

Don't forget that we also get games cheaper as well, more for less is the way I see pc gaming really.

Edit: I suppose cheaper isn't the right word for that since $50 still isn't cheap, but not as much as the console versions anyway.

Edited by Deathmineral

Just canceled my pre-order, going to have to wait for the reviews. Chances are that I'll still buy MW2 but I've lost most if not all interest in it for now. First sign of this game going in a direction I didn't like was dual-wielding pistols, this isn't Halo. Now this news has just killed it for me.

Although I'm still shocked by the news, I'm going to try and keep an open mind until after the game has released before I judge the new MP. :unsure:

Ditto, I know the MP was the main seller of COD4 but the SP was exceptional as well. So I'll still probably get MW2 for the SP if not for both game modes.

Consoles are ment for playing Madden Racing games and Mario, thats it. I hate fps's on consoles its like trying to masturbate with your left hand while your arm is wrapped around your back.

its like trying to masturbate with your left hand while your arm is wrapped around your back.

What What in the butt.

Like I've said before, the more you play with a controller the easier it is to play FPS games. My friend whose mainly a console gamer is insane with 360 controller, but whenever he gets on PC TF2, he doesn't stand a chance :D. But he is apparently good on 360 TF2 with all this glitches and cheating by building sentries in skyboxes and underground. I wonder if Valve even updates L4D on the 360, cause they haven't done much with TF2 updates on the 360.

When I first got my 360 with Halo 3, I was horrible. Then I got CoD 4 and CoD WaW, they weren't so bad. I'm still probably in the middle of the ranks with the 360 controller.

However jumping across to the PS3 controller and playing Bad Company, I was on the top 3 of every map.

Edited by Krazyxazn