Cancel your MW2 (PC) preorders

nickosha

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but they're just fine with that cause redneck and jock Xbox players don't get used to knowing the people they play with

Wow... way to stereotype..

I play xbox with people I know in real life and people I have met on Xbox Live, some of whom I have actually become pretty great friends with. Maybe you should stop throwing around hateful statements like that.

Edited by XxHellxRaizerxX

MW2 matchmaking service

They are replacing the dedicated servers with IWNet, a matchmaking service. That's right, no picking favorite servers, no making a clan server, and probably no mods or custom maps.

I was considering skipping this MW2 because of the price tag, but now I definitely am.

just when i thought cod couldnt fail anymore then this.. i was going to buy it but they just lost a sale borderlands here i come

Why did they even do this?

This is crap, and everybody knows it.

There are 160 PAGES on the iw.com forums signing a petition. I think the latest figures are around 3.6 million dollars in lost sales.

nodedi.png

what infinity ward is doing with the move to IWnet is killing a social aspect to the PC multiplayer experience, but they're just fine with that cause redneck and jock Xbox players don't get used to knowing the people they play with

lol too far.. thats completely untrue youve obvioulsy never played on a xbox... not everyone has the time money or effort to fool with pc gaming a simple solution is xbox/ps3/wii. i myself have a xbox360 and have played xbox live. i started gaming online on origonal xbox and made a few lasting friendships like in pc gaming. and everyone i know who plays xbox live has a group of people they play with every night just like i do on pc.. so theres no reason to down people who play one of these consoles just because they arent as dedicated as us.

i finally see their logic. if we can't con money out of out to play online (xbox live subscription) and we can't con money out of you for additional content (xbox dlc). then lets con money out of you by making the pc version $#!t forcing you to buy the xbox version so we get more money out of you cos xbox games cost more.

i wont be purchasing this game. but i will be playing it ;)

you have to pay for DLC were as it used to be added by patches

servers are like homes or buildings, when you go to one you go in this building to enjoy games with a set amount of people, over time one or a couple servers start to grow on you, and you become a member of the community of that server, the kind of community no other server has

what infinity ward is doing with the move to IWnet is killing a social aspect to the PC multiplayer experience, but they're just fine with that cause redneck and jock Xbox players don't get used to knowing the people they play with

we had to pay for DLC on many of games this last yr for PC. Just cause its PC doesnt mean the DLC is free, unless it is a free Mod or pirated. COD4 official maps were paid for by the well hated nvidia, thats why we got them for free. PC gamers wouldve had to pay for them just as the consoles had not Nvidia put the money up for all, just cause they like punishing gamers lol. I dont like this crap one bit, but if they were just copying the consoles wouldnt they have adopted windows live? I am confused about this. I just dont see DLC as the motive as they couldve charged us and left it the old way. I still expect to see mods for mw2, heck i wouldnt even doubt if they come up with a mod that lets us play the old way. It sucks, this uncertainty, but i still want to wait and see before i decide how horrible it is or isnt. I am gonna wait before i buy for sure this time.

I do understand the server as a home analogy, and i fear this change. I absolutely loved COD4 the way it was. But i can also say their are many friends and buddies that met on xbox live and are now close buddies who always play together. I am not sure that it is harder to find pals, but it is gonna be totally different then we are used to. It may also be different then the way xbox live is too. If they had went windows live then it would be a replica without a doubt. This still has a chance to be something different. I hope they have some reason that offers some advantage and its not just a live rip off.

i know my comments about Xbox gamers is not completely true, but a great deal of Xbox gamers are rednecks and annoying twat jocks

suddenly the only games i'm looking forward to are badcompany 2 and Diablo 3

there are many ppl on live that is a statement that doesnt sit well with me. Now of coarse sport games are gonna be full of jocks or want-a-bee jocks, but their are many many many xbox owner out their. with over 32million 360 owners a good bit of hardcore gaming is on the box. These ppl range from all corners of mankind, And there is no abundance of southern rednecks making up that 32million. They come from all walks of life and are not just from a certain region. A good representation of many, but if you play a certain game that is of an activity worshiped by redneck jocks, you then could see a large number of them in one place. But that is a given, i would think anyway