Dont know what to get.

insan3

let me start by saying that i am still running xp 32bit :( and my mobo has 1 x16 pcie and 1 x8 pcie . so i want to have a main gpu to render and the other 1 for physx. i am looking for the best setup, long lasting so i wont have to upgrade to soon and cheap.

all my system info is in my sig.

So far what i have is 5850 for my main gpu and a evga 9600 gt 1gb for physx. i am open to all suggestions.

Just a side note for you, as far as i know, 2 cards from different companies (by this i mean ATi, and Nvidia) use 2 different sets of drivers and i wouldnt think they play too nicely together I have heard stories of it being done but in my opinion your only asking for trouble there. So if you want a card to do physx you prob will need 2 nVidia cards, i am open to correction here,

ya i would get maybe a GTX 260 then get a that 9600 GT for physx, since nvidia disabled Physx with ATI cards in their latest drivers

nvm im dumb i totally disregarded the fact you went with 5850, instead of getting that 260 get a 295 or 285 or just do without physx and get a 5870 or wait for fermi

Edited by CowKing

pezcore let me know how it goes ull be running a similar setup to what i want to run, yes its 2.0 who doesnt 2.0 ? lol.

I run physx with a 4870x2 as the rendrting muscle and an 8800GT for physx only and it runs great. Your system will run great (get an 8800GT though, best bang for buck physx card out)

Edited by IVIYTH0S