where is the 5870x2

Caddy Daddy

How is it an ethical choice? That's just taking things off the deep end of lunacy.

while I share alot of the same opinions as OCfreak, I must say that I'd rather have a 5870 right now....then again if lucid was out, ta ta 5870 lol. (though I'd still be happy with my 4870x2 <3)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rofl 5xxx's are all a waste of money at this point...said it before, will say it again. x2 4890 is like...the max that you would need for the next...3-4 years....keep in mind the oc so it's pretty good for the price. Unless you wanna be cool and say that u can fit 3 5870's in ur case(gl with that) go ahead...not going to make your games run better though. It's a simple and ethical choice. if you already have a 5XXX card keep it that way for a while. There is absolutely nothing in the world that would require more than that now.

I have a 4870X2 and could easily use more power than even a 5870 can provide. Since I can and you can't...does that mean I'm just wrong? :lol:

I also fail to see where ethics plays a part in this at all.

rofl 5xxx's are all a waste of money at this point...said it before, will say it again. x2 4890 is like...the max that you would need for the next...3-4 years....

Will I need more graphics power in 3-4 years? post-31286-1255819013_thumb.jpg

You may not be old enough to remember this(or drive or buy your own beer) but there was a time when experts agreed that all the RAM you would ever need was 8MB. That prediction failed. Want to bet on yours?

Reasons I would personally want to upgrade to a 5870/5970 from my current 4870..

Double the performance if not more

Massive power savings

DTS-HDMA and DD-TrueHD audio processing

Edited by krazypoloc

Reasons I would personally want to upgrade to a 5870/5970 from my current 4870..

Double the performance if not more

No. Its not double the performance, its more like 1.5 times the performance. But still a good upgrade, even from an HD4890 it would be a good upgrade :lol: