where is the 5870x2

Caddy Daddy

Hey guys, does anyone know when the 5870x2 cards come out. ready to finish my new build and tired of waiting on nvidia. had nvidia in my last machine but would like to try ati and from what i have read on the 5870 its king of the crop right now but if the 5870x2 will be out soon will wait to get two of them. or do you guys have any other suggestions.

thanks

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My suggestion would be to not buy two 5900s. :lol:

QuadFire isn't exactly a good investment (even if it does show nice scaling for some things). It's usually slower than a simple dual-GPU setup because of the additional overhead.

I can't help you on when the 5900s will be out though.

Edited by Waco

If u have that much money to splash why not get 2 5870's and crossfire them? And what would you plan to do with a quad 5870 set up anyway? Give nasa a kick start on their next mars mission?

If u have that much money to splash why not get 2 5870's and crossfire them? And what would you plan to do with a quad 5870 set up anyway? Give nasa a kick start on their next mars mission?

A single card is more efficient and cheaper. :)

ok with that being said who do yall think is the best company to get the 5870 from in terms or support and warranty. was going with sapphire but there are post saying there support sucks.

XFX. Double Life Time warranty.