Sign in to follow this  
I Raven I

Friends $450 Build Help

Ok so my friend is Looking to build a new comp but doesn't want to spend a arm and a leg... He already has a CM Storm scout case and was wondering if he can finish the build for less that 450 buck's and still be able to run most steam games at 30-40 fps or better... he does want as much power as he can get but is not looking to build a rig for super-high end game's AKA Crysis...

All chip-set's and stuff dont matter just Want's cheap but powerful.

Here's something to get you started (tweak it as much as you'd like - I'm not tied to any particular component). You could probably shave a little off the motherboard and memory, and go for a higher processor (maybe PII X2 550 or even a X3 710), or a higher graphics card (like the 5770).

Coulden't he go with a 4870 and get about the same power/price ratio as the 5770?

Ah, yep. Looks like an XFX 4870 512 is about $125 on newegg. Not too shabby.

Get a gigabyte 770t am3 mobo w/ 550 or 720. And gtx 260 or 5770 would be nice since you would get either physx or dx11 ;)

we want price over performance.

:withstupid:

gtx 260 is good card in performance , but in price it is nice comparing it to the previous price , but 4870 is 100% bang for the buck .

nice build good luck , but i agree with nns about the 770 board ..:D

Edited by N.E.A