Dragon Age: Origins

InCrYsIs

84 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be playing Dragon Age Origins?

• Yes
    • No
    • RPG's Suck

The only thing that's putting me off on getting it is the day-one DLC. What the heck is with that? Even if some of it is free with preorder, it shouldn't happen.

I don't understand this statement at all. :blink:

Getting ready for Dragon Age so I figured let's see who is going to be playing.

Gamespot has put up a launch center:

http://www.gamespot.com/showcases/dragon-a...topslot;title;1

I'm really pumped for this game. Been looking forward to a good RPG.

dude this looks like an awesome game i'll seriously think about this one....i just received the ea game trailer in my inbox today...i think it's the same one as first post but it looks more fullscreen to me...

http://dragonage.bioware.com/sacred_ashes.html

thanx for the heads up

cj B:)

How is that putting you off? Extra content that they didn't release in time to put on the actual disc. And your pissed, because?

I guess really it's not that big of deal and it really only is a minor thing for me, but penalizing people who don't preorder or buy early such as what they're doing with the "free but soon to be $15" content isn't a trend I want to see happen. I guess just not being finished with the other content in time is pretty likely though.

looks good, couldn't get into sacred angel, still sitting around playing titan quest: IT, waiting on diablo 3 still...

might be something new to pass the time til' then

Yep me too. Get all the extra in-game goodies as well as the gamestop exclusive item. I DO NOT want to here of another delay for there will be consequences Bioware.

You might want to double check your order if its through Gamestop. I went there the other day and they are no longer carrying the CE of it. Checked online, same thing. No Collector's Edition is being offered through Gamestop.. though they are still carrying the CE Strategy Guide, go figure. Maybe its just in my region, the southwest, but it'd seem rather odd if they just block it out for one region. All I know is, my order through Amazon is still intact.

Anyone download or try out the character creator? Just got released today, about to get it downloaded and give it a whirl.

The only thing that's putting me off on getting it is the day-one DLC. What the heck is with that? Even if some of it is free with preorder, it shouldn't happen.

Hmm... pay $50 for the game now and get a lot of free stuff... or wait for the game to drop in price or buy used and then pay $30 for the extra content.

I can see why someone wouldn't want to get the game at release. /scarcasm

This is something more and more companies are doing to encurage people to buy the game new rather than waiting 6-12 months.

You might want to double check your order if its through Gamestop. I went there the other day and they are no longer carrying the CE of it. Checked online, same thing. No Collector's Edition is being offered through Gamestop.. though they are still carrying the CE Strategy Guide, go figure. Maybe its just in my region, the southwest, but it'd seem rather odd if they just block it out for one region. All I know is, my order through Amazon is still intact.

Anyone download or try out the character creator? Just got released today, about to get it downloaded and give it a whirl.

Checked my Amazon order. Still has me listed as the 360 CE. Doesn't look like it's allowing new orders for it on any platform. I'm hoping that just means there were a limited number of units.

Getting ready for Dragon Age so I figured let's see who is going to be playing.

Gamespot has put up a launch center:

http://www.gamespot.com/showcases/dragon-a...topslot;title;1

I'm really pumped for this game. Been looking forward to a good RPG.

wow that tralier looks pretty freaking sweet ill definatly be playing that too!! you got me pumped for a new game now too :(

Yeah I called and checked. I pre-ordered the CE and I am doing in-store pick-up. He said the CE will be waitng for me on release day.

Hmm... pay $50 for the game now and get a lot of free stuff... or wait for the game to drop in price or buy used and then pay $30 for the extra content.

I can see why someone wouldn't want to get the game at release. /scarcasm

This is something more and more companies are doing to encurage people to buy the game new rather than waiting 6-12 months.

Patience is not one of my virtues. I don't mind paying the full price for a game especially when its coming from a developer I like. I don't mind giving them the money to keep making good games.

Yeah I called and checked. I pre-ordered the CE and I am doing in-store pick-up. He said the CE will be waitng for me on release day.

:withstupid: The PC CE was removed from the GameSpot site about a month ago, so I went and checked at the store I ordered it at, and I'm still down for the CE. The reason it was removed was because they sold out of the CE, not because they no longer have them.

PS. Had a little fun with the Character Creator yesterday. It's pretty good, though I would have liked a wider range of colors and hair styles. The other sliders are pretty good though.

For some reason though, my characters aren't uploading to the social site, so can't link to them.