Sign in to follow this  
ClaymanVTW

Installing Vista Help

We are about to install the OS (Vista 64 bt, Home Edition) any pre-requisites, hints, or how to's?

Will we need internet connection to instal the OS?

Thanks!!

Nope, not really. Its easy, and I have done it hundreds of times.

Just make sure that your format your drive and it is nice and clean

Edited by TheConqueror

sorry, but what's that? :P sorry! im new haha.

Formating means deleting everything on the harddrive so that it is ready to use.

Also, it may take around 3-5 minutes at the beginning for the Install screen to show up, I thought mine froze but it came after around 3 minutes :)

The menus also seem to take a long time to pop up after each time you press Next.

Good luck :)

when insatlling a 64bit operating system for the first time. i find it very useful to download the 64bit drivers and burn them onto a CD before you install.

i have more cds than i ever need and lose them quite frequently. getting stuck with a fresh OS and NO network drivers to download new ones can get you in a stuck place if you don't have another computer to acess them. it also makes sure that the hardware you are using is compatible before you install (if they make a xx64 driver ur good if not, then well.. eck)

Formating means deleting everything on the harddrive so that it is ready to use.

Also, it may take around 3-5 minutes at the beginning for the Install screen to show up, I thought mine froze but it came after around 3 minutes :)

The menus also seem to take a long time to pop up after each time you press Next.

Good luck :)

I thought that was just my PC!! Phewf!!

Can you tell me how to make vista genuine??

Buy a license and install it!!

Does anyone do anything but quick format?? I didn't even bother searching for the 'deep' format while installing vista/win7..