New Info about the Asus M4N82 Deluxe optional fan

I am not sure if other asus motherboards come with the optional fan but this should include them as well. You know how it has the warning saying don't use it unless you using water or passive cooling. Well I found out it still does its job and doesn't mess with anything if you use it with regular air cooling. Usually during a 15 min prime test I would hit 50 on my north bridge in less then 10 mins. Now with the optional fan installed I need to run it for a hour to hit 50. So for all you people that don't want to install it you should because it does a wonderful job for me. It may be different for other people so try it and see where it goes.

People do seem to have a paranoia about temps. 50 is perfectly fine for a northbridge. Mine sits there almost all the time, and it has been for nearly a year.

Sure, the lower temp may extened its life a coulpe months, but im SURE I will have upgraded my PC by then. I dont know about you, but small fines drive me NUTS. There is nothing WORSE than a noisy PC.

And the things that add to noise best, are crappy little fans like the one u mention.