Jiv

Is there a 'best' webbrowser?

Well, basically I've just been told that anyone with sense would use firefox.

Personally I've been using Chrome, Safari for a while. What do you guys think about these browsers? Alot of people claim that Firefox is more secure, yet in here they claim Chrome was more secure.

I'd like a fast browser but no at the expense of security. What would you guys use and why?

I use Firefox (and WinXP fits here too) because I'm stubborn and I don't like change, I haven't used anything else in like 5 years.

I'm just so used to Firefox (and again this same argument could be made with XP as well) that I can't be bothered to use anything else, I only just started used 3.5 a few months ago...

A browser can only be as secure as the user in front of the screen ;)

Anyhow, I'd expect Chrome to be the most secure of the bunch since each tab runs in a sandbox

As far as speed goes... an i7 at 4 GHz won't have too much trouble running any browser and rendering speeds may be very different in benchmarks, but honestly.. it's not really noticeable

I've been using Firefox for a few years now I guess.. I tried Chrome, Safari and even IE8, but I just keep coming back to Firefox for addons and the interface just works.

I'm using firefox for my main browser and safari sometimes... never use another browser even my cousin said that opera has better feature

I used firefox for like 3+ years, but then chrome came out. i have been using it ever since the beta, and have never looked back.

Firefiox. So many addons to choose from.

Security: Adblock Plus, Flashblock, Noscript, and WOT.

Although I believe Google Chrome loads java faster than Firefox. My school's website (built on Java) is kinda slow on Firefox when compared to Google Chrome.

I generally prefer Chrome these days (Falls under my keep it simple stupid way of thinking), yet I'm typing this in Opera (And Opera Turbo is AWESOME on slow Wifi hot-spots), I have Firefox installed on nearly every PC in the house (and love it for it's customizations), the only browser I avoid is IE. So yeah, while I'll be quick to recommend a user try another browser I say see what works for you.

There is only a best for your needs. If Firefox does the trick, then that's it. If it's Opera or Chrome, then use those. Each person is different, no need to use a specific browser because that's the one everybody else uses.

A browser can only be as secure as the user in front of the screen ;)

Anyhow, I'd expect Chrome to be the most secure of the bunch since each tab runs in a sandbox

As far as speed goes... an i7 at 4 GHz won't have too much trouble running any browser and rendering speeds may be very different in benchmarks, but honestly.. it's not really noticeable

I've been using Firefox for a few years now I guess.. I tried Chrome, Safari and even IE8, but I just keep coming back to Firefox for addons and the interface just works.

Well it wasnt so much for the desktop. I'm using a really old laptop and I find Chrome perfect for it, easy to use, loads really fast.

There is only a best for your needs. If Firefox does the trick, then that's it. If it's Opera or Chrome, then use those. Each person is different, no need to use a specific browser because that's the one everybody else uses.

The reason I'm asking this is because a few people have claim that Firefox is the best etc etc. Another reason for creating this thread was to prove my housemate who claimed that anyone with any sense would use it that just because someone doesnt use firefox doesnt mean he/she is an idiot. :rolleyes:

I use Chrome on my personal machines. From my desktop to my netbook I use Chrome. At work I use FireFox simply because there's no real support for Chrome on Linux.

I use Firefox because she is better looking..

if_browsers_were_women-s569x1250-12173.jpg

Edited by ronbo191