NVIDIA to kill GTX-series?

Zertz

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These new cards are to test run the 40nm process, its not aimed at average gamer, but the budget side. They probably are dirt cheap to manufacture, and we will see cheap versions as time progresses.

I dont think nvidia is going anywhere anytime soon, but there road is ending and thats why there is a push into new areas. Thats why this is important.

As far as ppl mad about physX, i just dont get it. There are ppl getting 40+mpg in hybrid vehicles right now, why arent you also mad at those companies for not giving you a hybrid for free??? why arent these same ppl crying about that? If you pay for it you own it, correct. Do you get mad at the company because you choose not to buy a card without features that other cards have? I just dont get it, its cry baby, gurly winning. Like a bunchs kids or something. I dont get great gas mileage cause i didnt buy a hybrid, if you dont have physX it is only because you didnt buy into it. If thats your choice stand proud, dont dis a company for trying to move forward.

At the same time its not like their beloved ATI wasnt offered the chance to get Physx in their cards as well, they turned it down and their fans hate the N card for it.

Now i do feel for those ppl (which i still think is somewhat hypothetical and not even a few) who have bought an ATI gpu and an nvidia card for physX and got cut out with the latest drivers from them. But man the fix is easy, actually easier then the roling back of a driver, I mean if you cant even role back a driver then i can see why nvidia would remove support for configurations with ATI, because its not their responsibility to fix everyone's computer issues, especially when their not running a nvidia GPU, and they are having somekinda compatibility issues. If they never intented to have a physX gpu in an ATI system, i just dont think they wouldve ever offered it in win& at all. But i believe there could have been issues, issue like ivi in mirrors edge, and instead of nvidia sorting them out they took the easier route. Even thei emails say clearly that their future drivers will not support ati because of issues that they cant possibly test all ATI configurations. But within those lines are the fact that they didnt change anything with the old drivers!

The truth is, anyone who wants physX can have it, if they quit crying like babies and put an once of effort in it. Their is a sticky on most every hardware forum on how to implement this even in ATI rigs. This is the PC and PC gaming, not a console. Did you know at one time we had to add a card just for 3D. That your 2D output would plug into a discrete 3D card input then back out to your monitor (Voodoo). The 3d card couldnt display text or windows without a 2d card going into it via a short m/f 15pin VGA cord. And it was a hassle to setup and get working, it wasnt easy, it was only for the real enthusiast. And that could be the problem these says, not enough real enthusiast!

These new cards are to test run the 40nm process, its not aimed at average gamer, but the budget side. They probably are dirt cheap to manufacture, and we will see cheap versions as time progresses.

I dont think nvidia is going anywhere anytime soon, but there road is ending and thats why there is a push into new areas. Thats why this is important.

yeah but the problem is, only nvidia reaps the benefit of the cheaper costs, these cards are not worth what they are charging when you can get cheaper 55nm cards that perform better AND are more efficient (at least the one review who mentioned efficiency said so). It's not really aimed at anybody if they are giving an inferior product for a higher price.

At the same time its not like their beloved ATI wasnt offered the chance to get Physx in their cards as well, they turned it down and their fans hate the N card for it.

That's an extreme simplification and exaggeration.

ATI didn't have the funds to pay the licensing fees that nVidia would have asked for and they'd leave nVidia as the sole holder of the technology they'd be depending on.

It was a good business decision to not license it from the green team. It was a bad business decision for nVidia to lock out PhysX when an ATI card is present. Doing nothing is one thing; locking out an "unsupported" configuration out of spite is another.

Edited by Waco