Sign in to follow this  
Fight Game

Hydra 200 chip

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15889/37/

I've searched some, but haven't found much info. I know we can use ati, and then nvidia for physics using old (or hacked new) drivers, but I wonder how this works. I mean for example, if you have a 5870 and a 8800gt, would it essentially perform like 2 times the lesser card, so in this case 8800gt x2? Or does it scale differently, giving more of the workload to the beafier card?

it will not work this way , both card ( or all cards) must have the same dx support ..

ok well MAYBE that was a bad example, but the same question remains.

hmm, the example they use in the link is nvidia 260 which I believe is dx10, and the 4870 which I believe is dx10.1

Edited by Fight Game

ok well MAYBE that was a bad example, but the same question remains.

hmm, the example they use in the link is nvidia 260 which I believe is dx10, and the 4870 which I believe is dx10.1

which is backwards compatible with dx10 :P

They haven't made it clear, but I think it falls back to the lowest common denominator, DX10.

The Lucid chip will balance the load between the cards and if one can take more then it'll just give it more work

Ya I know most times things are backwards compatible OoO, but if you read the thread maybe you'd understand why I said this. dx11 is also backwards compatible with dx9.

Maybe NEA can provide some facts.

If it can balance the load, this will be awesome. Get a board with as many lanes as possible, through in any and all video cards we have laying around and performance goes up. If it doesn't default to the lowest dx, this would be good too.

Edited by Fight Game

If it can balance the load, this will be awesome.

That's the idea. :)

Ya I know most times things are backwards compatible OoO, but if you read the thread maybe you'd understand why I said this. dx11 is also backwards compatible with dx9.

Maybe NEA can provide some facts.

If it can balance the load, this will be awesome. Get a board with as many lanes as possible, through in any and all video cards we have laying around and performance goes up. If it doesn't default to the lowest dx, this would be good too.

Pretty sure it has to default to the lowest DX. Kinda like trying to force SSE instructions on a pre SSE CPU. Not gonna happen. =my .02. DX11 is backwards compatible but DX9 isn't forward compatible :blink: . All the Hydra was suppose to do from what I read a long time ago is to divvy up the graphics workload, I am not sure if it does that 1:1 or in a ratio like say Card A has twice the power of Card B. Its going to get two thirds of the data because it handles more. That would be nice. Then People using ati cards and a nvidia for physX could still get the physX but actually make use of the nvidia card :D

forward compatibility ftw!

if it can divide up the load, I'm just hoping, or throwing the idea out there, that any dx 11 instructions can be sent to the dx11 card. Just like if it could send physics instructions to the nvidia card.

I'm kind of confused by that preview, they said the only cross-vendor games that work so far are Bioshock and Fear 2.....it is too early to tell, but this still seems like we'd have to wait for Lucid to make new drivers and profiles for games (or in other words not really being anything new except for the crossvender part)