confused about temps.

rmb938

So In my bios it has temp monitoring for the CPU and motherboard.

It says the cpu is 39C and the motherboard is 30C.

But in CPUID hardware monitor it says my 2 motherboard temp sensors are 32C and 39C and my three cpu cores are 30C. Speed fan says the same thing. I am not sure which one to trust in temps. My bios or the programs.

When I open my case and touch all the different heatsinks my cpu feels the coolest so I am not really sure which is which.

If it's crucial that you get the correct temp, you can get an infrared temperature reader thingy at canadian tire for 20 bucks or something. My dad has one and I use it all the time ;) it also makes a cool beeping sound lol

That wont work with my pc as I have a nvidia chip set and not a amd one.

Just checked it with the nvidia system monitor and it gave a cpu temp as 35C and a MCP temp of 65C. The 65C doesn't show up on any other monitor so im not sure.

Edited by rmb938

That wont work with my pc as I have a nvidia chip set and not a amd one.

Just checked it with the nvidia system monitor and it gave a cpu temp as 35C and a MCP temp of 65C. The 65C doesn't show up on any other monitor so im not sure.

Have you tried EVEREST by Lavalys? It seems to be the most accurate out of any program I have tried. Get that and then report back the temps it shows. :)

Here is the site

http://www.lavalys.com/

Edited by XxHellxRaizerxX

Actually u have to use the CPU Core #1 2 and 3. NOT THE CPU TEMP!!!!! Thats the NB. Until yesterday I was flipping out because it was showing 40-50C, and the Cores were at 36, so I posted here and later I found out that it was infact the NB, not the cpu.

Edited by ballist1x

Also that MCP temperature. I may be wrong as this is just an educated guess but that may be the temperature of your motherboard VRM's (Voltage Regulators for your CPU)

It's part of your NB/SB heatsink temp.

Here's post on how to lower it, by adding a simple add-on heatsink and fan, but it depends if you want to?

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=213483...page=1&key=

Edited by Inteller

Well if look look up pictures on my motherboard you can see that the NB heatsink is rather small and would be like no room for a pci-e gfx card if I addon something. But I will figure out a way.

I just put on the optional water/passive cooling fan that came with the motherboard. Even though I don't use water or passive cooling it does seem to keep the temps down(after a hour of prime never hit 50C) and my cores seem much cooler also.

Also has anyone tried the Scythe "Mini Kaze" 40mm found here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835185055

I found out my NB was made for a 40 mm fan and I know once I get my new cpu cooler The asus optional fan wont fit.

Edited by rmb938