EVGA recertified cards?

uneedav8

Recertified cards with a 90 day manufacturer warranty

Would anyone trust buying a card that is recertified? Please let me what you think? What does recertified actually mean?

Recertified/refurbished parts often go through more quality control than new parts do. I have no hesitation at all.

My monitor cost me $1200 refurbished about 3 years ago and has yet to develop a single dead pixel or any other problem.

I'd most certainly trust a B-Stock certified card from EVGA: It's backed by a 90 - day warranty, it's been certified and tested by EVGA to meet operation and performance standards (Hence the recertification), and, it's from EVGA. The only downside is that you get the card, and the card only. No accessories and goodies. It's a shame that the 280's are out of stock on B-Stock, I was somewhat interested in buying two

Recertified cards with a 90 day manufacturer warranty

Would anyone trust buying a card that is recertified? Please let me what you think? What does recertified actually mean?

I am not afraid of any open box or re-certified component for my personal use. Just put it through the ringer once you get it. Stress it to hella and back. If it dont give out then you should be fine. I have always had good luck with used parts as well, CPUs, memory, GPUs. Most work right or dont, Thats about how they all are. If you check it good and really push it, and its fine, then your card is just as unlikely to go out as any other. Its not like a used car, or anything.

On the other hand its freakn EVGA!!!!! A great company, with high standards, and a great track record. But on a side note,a lot of ppl dont even get their lifetime warranty, 3yr, or whatnot because of they dont follow up on the exact detailed provisions required such as registering their product in the tiny time frame of 30days after purchase, even if it took a week to get the card. Its a minor inconvenience that often rips ppl out of a warranty.

btw, my EVGA 260 superclocked was a return that we didnt send back, I paid full price instead of shipping it back, so i got like no warranty on it at all!

I didnt have to worry much cause I work in a puter shop so I can make things happen if it went sour on me, lol

Recertified/refurbished parts often go through more quality control than new parts do. I have no hesitation at all.

My monitor cost me $1200 refurbished about 3 years ago and has yet to develop a single dead pixel or any other problem.

Holly crap batman! thats a lot of doe! what model was it? I look through your sig and didnt see it, (may have over looked it) but i did notice all ur rigs der. I just pretty much gave away my opty 180 rig. It was pretty decked out.

Have you used the 720 for gaming? Did you ever try your 4870X2 in it? So far I like mine a lot and its been great for gaming. i can really tell a lot of difference when gaming on the 720 vs the my e8400 rig. Well not actually gaming alone, I always have stuff in the background and tab out and in back and forth while I play so its not just a gaming comparison, i dont ever just play a game by itself.

When i am in x4 vs x3 core it just doesnt really change things for me. Not at all, i cant tell. With ACC on sometimes my computer would boot up in 3 cores for no apparent reason and the only way i could tell it is if i checked with the task manager. These days I have been running 3 cores at 3.5ghz only unless i render a movie or something, just saving power i guess. But anyhow, I guess i just wanted to hear if you compared the q6600 and the 720 in gaming yet, if you havent you might be surprised. Like they are with the q6600 having nearly a ghz OC i dont think the 720 is gonna out perform it at all, but I still think it will surprise most ppl at its gaming smoothness. Its not just fps or anything, but the responsiveness of the whole system when tabing out and doing other things while gaming. you know what i am saying. I think the imc gives the 720 a bit more of an edge when the system is loaded with a lot goin on. Anyway I would like to here if you have used it and how they compare, Everyone automatically thinks the quad will best without a doubt, as it may be better. But I must say from using both, i am surprised the 720 just dont feel at all like a crippled quad at all. its pretty swift. Whats ur thoughts?