AMD Phemon II x3 710 cooling

rmb938

I would like to get a better heatsink and fan for my cpu because I am looking to OC it more. Right now at the regular 2.6Ghz it hovers from 39C on idle to 43C on load. If I try to OC it to 3.2Ghz I can't get windows to boot because of something I havent figured it out yet but in the bios it stays around 46C so on load I am estimating 52C if it would let windows boot. But thats a problem I will deal with another day.

Anyway I am using the stock heatsink and fan and its ok but I would like better. My case is a midi case and doesn't have as great air flow as I would like it to have. I have been looking at different heatsinks w/fans and I can't really tell which ones are better so if someone could recommend some that would be great.

Ok I will look into that. The fan seems pretty slow at 800-1500 rpm(on there site I dont know if its any faster because in the reviews it is). Does the heat pipes and fins make up for that?

Edited by rmb938

oh ok. well I was looking at some reviews on that and a bunch of them staid that on AM2+ and AM3's that the fan blocks the first 2 ram slots closest to the cpu. Is that true?

Edited by rmb938

oh ok. well I was looking at some reviews on that and a bunch of them staid that on AM2+ and AM3's that the fan blocks the first 2 ram slots closest to the cpu. Is that true?

then get a hyper 212+.

Or, you can save your money and ramp up your stock fan to max in BIOS, and see if that has any effect, if you haven't done so already :)