Noob Question

Hello all, I just registered and would like to say :) . If I get my x2 6000 to a fsb of 380 X 14 on a gigabyte m55sli-s4 what would cpu clock be at ?? I know 380x14=5320 but ?? Derrr

Edited by TheDudeWhoBe

I have it runinng and playing games stable for like days hehe just trying to figure out how good it is it plays way better . I have m55sli-s4 with 8 gb ocz 4850 x2 X2 6000 cpu @1.50 vlt and +2 to ht and SB volt . The only problem I get is when I start the comp sometimes will take 2 tries to boot and I need to turn off power supply inbetween , really just runs off a big cpu heatpipe fan and a second fan that just blows over open rig ( my comp is set on 5 ciggarette packson spare desk ). Plays Red Faction !! Awesomely ty for replys .

How in the living hell did you get it to 5.3ghz without even the knowledge of the fsb times the multiplier?

EDIT: also pics or it didn't happen

Edited by NearlyEpic

How in the living hell did you get it to 5.3ghz without even the knowledge of the fsb times the multiplier?

EDIT: also pics or it didn't happen

2nd that

The only problem I get is when I start the comp sometimes will take 2 tries to boot

If it doesn't boot and then you restart it and it boots it means your overclock has failed and it is actually running at stock speed or below. you are dreaming if you think you hit 5.3Ghz and are gonna hit 6Ghz on air cooling.

Edited by xchrissypoox

ok, I am not so noobish , I was just wondering that the fsb x multi on amd was not the same for cpu speed . I am sure I am posting the 380 fsb as it shows during post but cpu z does not register it ??? it runs very good and ya on air lolz ( makes a huge diff on Red Faction and such ) I am gonna run it stock on futermark then what I think is oc to see if it is actually ty for posts . I should have stated that it loads win 7 most times say 6 out of 10 first try , will actually look into it .

Edited by TheDudeWhoBe

I am sure I am posting the 380 fsb as it shows during post but cpu z does not register it ???

That's about all I needed to hear. Sorry but you're not running nearly as fast as you claim. Take a screenshot posting the CPU-z reading.