Jiv

SSD (Intel or OCZ)

I'd get the G-Skill over the Vertex any day if it saves you $150!!!

:withstupid:

Although (and you should agree too I think), if the Intel G2 is another $120 cheaper, then go for Intel

:withstupid:

Although (and you should agree too I think), if the Intel G2 is another $120 cheaper, then go for Intel

That's for the 80 GB drive though...

Yup, I would only go for the G.SKill or Intel. OCZ's extra 100+ is abit ridiculous when most of the reviews I've seen shows that the G.Skill is slightly faster or equal to it. I'd only go for the Intel if its below $350. The G.Skill would be around 460 with shipping.

One question guys, why does the G.Skill have 128gb space and OCZ only 120gb if they are the same thing?

And whats the difference between OEM and Retail? If I purchase an OEM from USA, I wont have warranty?

One question guys, why does the G.Skill have 128gb space and OCZ only 120gb if they are the same thing?

And whats the difference between OEM and Retail? If I purchase an OEM from USA, I wont have warranty?

Originally I thought the G.Skill drive used less space for write buffering but it turns out it's just a different way of reporting the space. OCZ reports in gibibytes (base 2) and G.Skill reports in gigabytes (base 10).

They are the same size though.

Edited by Waco

Originally I thought the G.Skill drive used less space for write buffering but it turns out it's just a different way of reporting the space. OCZ reports in gibibytes (base 2) and G.Skill reports in gigabytes (base 10).

They are the same size though.

Thanks, some guys on forums were claiming that OCZ leaves the space dedicated for the hdd to re-arrange files and prevent degration. Regardless, I wouldnt have to worry since TRIM will be out and ready fairly soon right?

Thanks all for help, waiting for the sellers to get back with the prices and whether they ship to Aus.

Currently, I'm thinking of the G2 80gb if its below $350 or else I'll go for G.Skill at $450

If you search on http://www.staticice.com.au you should be able to find some good prices for Australia

I already did :D

Excluding Shipping

G2 80gb $397

Falcon 128 $425

Vertex $530

Vertex Turbo $599

As you can see, the Vertex is pointless, equal speed for 130 more.

Right now, the choice is between 80gb intel or 128gb Falcon. Seems worth going for the Falcon especially since with 30+ dollars I get roughly 50% more than G2.

If by monday the Ebay seller doesnt comfirm whether he can ship from USA, i'll go for the Falcon. If i get the OEM G2 from USA, its roughly $330 (with shipping!!)

I'm about to order an X25-M G2 80gb for Windows 7...

Only OcUK has it in stock as far as i can see... anyone know somewhere else that has? After hearing some bad things I don't want to buy from OcUK - plus they're

hey guys read alot of reviews and what was said in this post but still undecided. now that TRIM is available, which out of these 2 ssd would be best for a gaming rig. or is there another ssd that is just as good and cheaper.

Gskill FALCON FM 256GB or the Intel X25 M G160 GB or OCZ Vertex

Edited by Caddy Daddy