Core I7 Comparisons....

The itch to build another machine is getting to me. It's been a while now since I even bothered to look at any specs or reviews on the I7's. The last build I did, only the 920 Nehalem was available. I see there's plenty more available now. Other than price, is there any other pros and cons between the two I listed? Both sem to be getting great reviews. I'm probably going to go for a 4-6-8gb system with a dual-boot XP Home and Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. The motherboard will more than likely be a Gigabyte since I've had such good luck with them. Not sure on the P55 or X58 yet. I'll be sticking with ONE video card as I really don't need the SLI or Crossfire stuff.

Thanks in advance for any input on the processors.

The itch to build another machine is getting to me. It's been a while now since I even bothered to look at any specs or reviews on the I7's. The last build I did, only the 920 Nehalem was available. I see there's plenty more available now. Other than price, is there any other pros and cons between the two I listed? Both sem to be getting great reviews. I'm probably going to go for a 4-6-8gb system with a dual-boot XP Home and Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. The motherboard will more than likely be a Gigabyte since I've had such good luck with them. Not sure on the P55 or X58 yet. I'll be sticking with ONE video card as I really don't need the SLI or Crossfire stuff.

Thanks in advance for any input on the processors.

there are quite a few choices for a new system builder right now but here is a link to some stuff i did recently using a new p55/i7 860 setup no overclock

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...howtopic=167797

maybe something like this will interest you i dunno but the specs stuff is on the last couple pages

hope it helps some Rokkaholik...

kwik edit; honestly it seems like the wave is pushing toward the upcoming i9's and p58 stuff