I recently got an amd 550 but when i went to installed it the computer (as instruction said) it didnt start. When i took it out and saw the processor about 7 pins were bent. I sent it in to amd what will they do? Also my motherboard is compatable. M3A78 am2+ motherboard.

Edited by ddkshah

The warranty doesn't cover physical damage. The only real way to bend pins is to install the CPU incorrectly or mishandle it before installing it.

Sorry, but you're out of luck on this one.

The warranty doesn't cover physical damage. The only real way to bend pins is to install the CPU incorrectly or mishandle it before installing it.

I called amd and they said that they will try to do something. Can they do anything? Also will there be that chance they will send me a new one.

Well, they may be able to bend the pins back (though I would have done that myself). I wouldn't bet on them sending you a new CPU though...

+1

It would have been the same with other companies if you sent them a physically damaged piece of hardware that resulted of mishandling...

Edited by The Smith

However, if it came like that, they'll probably send you a new one (i think?).

Did you look at it before you put it in?

you already sent it in?

if not then just bend the pins back. i accidentally bent one on my Phenom II and i just bent it back and popped it in. works fine

Oh if I could count the number of times I've spent hours straightening pins on AMD processors. Hopefully they will do you right and straighten the pins or send you a replacement. We'll all keep our fingers crossed for you.

I wonder why AMD doesn't switch to a land grid array like Intel?

that would be too easy :P