Sign in to follow this  
Ph4n

4870x2 or 5870????

hae guys, im doing a new build and was wondering which card to go for... im gona be using an i7 920

the 4870x2 is about $50NZD more than the 5870, so yea

i want to be able to use the card for atleast 3years before resorting to CF... il probably be gaming at 1900 at 1080 so yea...

5870 for sure especially if the 4870X2 is more money!

hd5870 definitely. It is roughly equal to hd4870x2 (varies by game) while using immature drivers, uses less power, has lower possibility of driver issues, and I believe it is quieter. Plus it's cheaper!

Edited by nickosha

hae guys, im doing a new build and was wondering which card to go for... im gona be using an i7 920

the 4870x2 is about $50NZD more than the 5870, so yea

i want to be able to use the card for atleast 3years before resorting to CF... il probably be gaming at 1900 at 1080 so yea...

5870 no doubt.. theres no reason to buy a 4870x2 right now. 5870 is dx11 compatible, faster, and if you add another one down the road, it will competely demolish the 4870x2

lol who buys 4870x2's new anymore, if you can't find one used (since used ones really bring home the price/performance), get the 5870.

Cheapest one that day on Newegg

I cant seem to find a 4870x2 new anymore.

and even if they did still have them, i would go 5870. "future Proofing" and all that jazz

I cant seem to find a 4870x2 new anymore.

and even if they did still have them, i would go 5870. "future Proofing" and all that jazz

lol jazz, it's pretty regular for a 4870x2 to finish at about $250 on ebay...which blows the 5850/5870 away since you are getting +- a 5870.

lol jazz, it's pretty regular for a 4870x2 to finish at about $250 on ebay...which blows the 5850/5870 away since you are getting +- a 5870.

Is that with or without overclocking taken into account?

Is that with or without overclocking taken into account?

without :rolleyes:, though I meant stock to stock. Some people are successful at OC'n their 4870x2's I haven't been, I'm sure all 5850's and 5870's can overclock easier since they're single gpu's

Edited by IVIYTH0S