Forum Idea?

sack_patrol

I was thinking, why not make different places in the forums for AMD, ATI, NVIDIA, INTEL related things. I think it might be a little better because for example, I've always had AMD and ATI PC's, so if someone needs help or discusses something for those I can help or discuss respectively, but on the other hand, me+intel+nvidia=nothing. It's like people can concentrate on specific topics for specific brands and parts when they want to.

Maybe you guys won't like this for whatever reason...I was just thinking about it...and decided to post it. Or maybe it'll help you come up with something else. I dunno.

I was thinking, why not make different places in the forums for AMD, ATI, NVIDIA, INTEL related things. I think it might be a little better because for example, I've always had AMD and ATI PC's, so if someone needs help or discusses something for those I can help or discuss respectively, but on the other hand, me+intel+nvidia=nothing. It's like people can concentrate on specific topics for specific brands and parts when they want to.

Maybe you guys won't like this for whatever reason...I was just thinking about it...and decided to post it. Or maybe it'll help you come up with something else. I dunno.

cough cough...should have posted this here (but personally I like all the companies in one section, makes for good debates)

well ya, but something like a place for the questions that concern people having problems with their computers could be separated into different forum thingys. Debates could be in another place that I don't have any ideas for.

Edited by ballist1x

We've found that consolidating the sections just makes things easier overall. We used to have them split up and it was just a pain because people wouldn't know where to properly post and entire sections would go untouched for long stretches of time.

To summarize, while your idea might work for you, it doesn't work for OCC.

go look at the 3dfx forum at guru3d, other than jokes it is barren. also having them in one place allows people to consider/learn of the non popular options. segregation leads to pride and prejudice which is something far to many people new to computers have in favor of intel/nvidia without really knowing why those "are the best".

Edited by xchrissypoox

Years ago we had multiple forums for video card and processor manufacturers. It didn't work out as well as one would expect.

If we were a larger forum which saw 1000 post per day in those areas, it would make more since.

It use to be like what your suggesting many years ago hear.

The problem with making things too specific is it's harder to get an answer sometimes and make topics and stick to them. For example years ago there use to be a separate forum for CPUs, Motherboards, and Ram. The problem with that is just say you were building a computer and wanted to know what cpu, motherboard, and ram to get. You had to Post 3 difference topics in 3 different forums one for the cpu, one for the motherboard, one for the ram. The problem with that is sometimes your questions didn't get answered because members may only read and answer your cpu question and may not even know that you have other questions if they don't browse through all the forums regularly. Or maybe they don't feel like posting 3 different responses. So then your other questions don't get answers and you have to double post to hope someone will see it and get a discussion started.

That's why topics were merged into like categories that make sense. Like if your talking about cpus it's likely your going to talk about what motherboard and ram to get. So you ask about all 3 at the same time someone comes and makes recommendations for all 3 all your questions get answered and your a happy camper.