Anyone know of issue with Onenote?

redtigerdragon

So, I had a user having problems with endnote. It wouldn't load documents for him to actaully write notes on. He called MS and found out that apparently endnote is not supported by 64-bit OSes. Anyone else heard of this? Seems odd MS can't support it's own product... <_<

Is he using a tablet PC and try to work with Onenote with a stylist?

Onenote works fine with a 64-bit OS it's just in the Onenote system requirements it does not say 64-bit OS is there so that is why Microsoft is letting it's self off the hock which isn't new in the support industry. For example if you install Linux on a name brand computer and let's just say your CD drive breaks manufacturers will immediately blame anything that is not recommend or came with there system as the cause and will refuse support until the system has been restored to its original state.

Try downloading the latest office service packs and or re-install Onenote to see if that helps. Otherwise it sounds like this problem is being caused by some type of configuration in that computer rather then the software itself.

Is he using a tablet PC and try to work with Onenote with a stylist?

Onenote works fine with a 64-bit OS it's just in the Onenote system requirements it does not say 64-bit OS is there so that is why Microsoft is letting it's self off the hock which isn't new in the support industry. For example if you install Linux on a name brand computer and let's just say your CD drive breaks manufacturers will immediately blame anything that is not recommend or came with there system as the cause and will refuse support until the system has been restored to its original state.

Try downloading the latest office service packs and or re-install Onenote to see if that helps. Otherwise it sounds like this problem is being caused by some type of configuration in that computer rather then the software itself.

Yeah, sorry it is onenote, and at first all he was trying to do was load a powerpoint and type on it. Eventually he would like to use his tablet in that way. The option to load it is grayed out. What configuration would cause that? I told the user to uninstall and reinstall the entire office suite, but am not sure if he has done it yet or not.

Can a mod change the title from endnote to onenote, please?

Done.

As for the issue ill try installing one note later on my win7 64bit machine to see if i get the same thing.

EDIT:

Yeah Onenote 2007 will not allow me to file as handout on my win7 machine. I wonder if there is a patch or something.

Also tried compatibility mode with XP and that was a no go.