Hacked patch for ATI/nVidia to run together with latest drivers

thats great, good find too. Really i just dont see how they can stop this from happening. The cat is out the bag, lol!

There is also ppl working on making physX run on ATI, as i am sure a lot of ppl already know. Actually there has been success with this already, but just about every new game comes a new update to physX so its a big hindrance and i think its not practical...... yet. but none the less the efforts are still there and ppl havent given up.

thats great, good find too. Really i just dont see how they can stop this from happening. The cat is out the bag, lol!

There is also ppl working on making physX run on ATI, as i am sure a lot of ppl already know. Actually there has been success with this already, but just about every new game comes a new update to physX so its a big hindrance and i think its not practical...... yet. but none the less the efforts are still there and ppl havent given up.

so if i'm following this correctly, i could theoretically take the 8800gt from my worker rig and put it in the gamer instead of one of the 4850x2's and batman would work in physx 3d without my having the ccc settings adjusted up for that particular game...? am i getting this right...?? what else do i need besides the patch above and 8800gt drivers...?

so if i'm following this correctly, i could theoretically take the 8800gt from my worker rig and put it in the gamer instead of one of the 4850x2's and batman would work in physx 3d without my having the ccc settings adjusted up for that particular game...? am i getting this right...?? what else do i need besides the patch above and 8800gt drivers...?

did you mean to say instead or alongside your 4850x2??

did you mean to say instead or alongside your 4850x2??

yep ivi_ i meant alongside of a 4850x2 i.e. take one of em out and replace it with the 8800gt...!!

so you guys are saying i can run arkham asylum in physx 3d while still plugged into a 45850x2...

...i feel sorta like a tard but this is kind of a boggle for my brain :lol:

yep ivi_ i meant alongside of a 4850x2 i.e. take one of em out and replace it with the 8800gt...!!

so you guys are saying i can run arkham asylum in physx 3d while still plugged into a 45850x2...

Yes that's it. The graphics will be rendered by the 4850X2 and the 8800GT will do PhysX computations.

My eye's missed the "one 4850x2" so I assumed you meant the primary one...yeah it should work fine since I run a 4870x2/8800GT combo with no issues

• 1 month later...

Update:

Okay everyone, i managed to get my paws on GenL's PPU hack to make my AGEIA card work again. Its a BETA test so no public releasing alowed as of yet, (sorry! lol) but i can tell you that its working Perfect! (early Xmas present for me!)

Im running windows 7 Ult X64 with my 5870 and the AGEIA PPU works in All of my PhysX games (Cryostasis, Mirrors Edge, Mass Effect, Borderlands ect) with all 'advanced effects' enabled. :) Just thought you guys and gals might want to know so you can dust off yours (which has probably been laying arround in some dark corner :P) and put it to some good use! Peace out all B:)

Edited by SenitaL

Update:

Okay everyone, i managed to get my paws on GenL's PPU hack to make my AGEIA card work again. Its a BETA test so no public releasing alowed as of yet, (sorry! lol) but i can tell you that its working Perfect! (early Xmas present for me!)

Im running windows 7 Ult X64 with my 5870 and the AGEIA PPU works in All of my PhysX games (Cryostasis, Mirrors Edge, Mass Effect, Borderlands ect) with all 'advanced effects' enabled. :) Just thought you guys and gals might want to know so you can dust off yours (which has probably been laying arround in some dark corner :P) and put it to some good use! Peace out all B:)

that's good information senital and thanx for dredging this up cuz i had lost the patch and now redownloaded it....