PC Build

Hey guys, im building a pc for my friend with the budget of R5000.00 which is app. $620.00. I am use to building high end computers and im not really sure if all the stuff i have choosen is all gonna get enough power and what not.Can you guys please check it for me and tell me if its all good.

Club 3D GeForce 9600 GT Green Edition - 256-bit, 600MHz Clock, 512MB 256-bit DDR3 Memory 1400MHz, 64 Processing Cores, 1500MHz Shader Clock, 1 x DVI-I Connector, 1 x D-sub, Energy save technology, PCIe 2.0, 2 Year Warranty.

Seagate Barracuda 500GB Hard Drive - 7200.12 Series, 16MB Cache, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 7200 RPM, 3 Year Warranty.

OCZ PC2-6400 DDR2 2GB Value Series - CL 5-6-6-15, 1.8 Volts, Lifetime Warranty.

LG 22X Internal DVD Rewriter - DVD +/- 22x, DVD+RW 8x, DVD-RW 6x, DVD-RAM 12x, DVD+R DL 16x, DVD-R DL 12x, CD-R 48x, Black, 1 Year Warranty.

INTEL

every thing is ok , but can you take p45/35/43 instead of g41 just because pci-e 2.0

when 3.0 come out in 2-4 years i think pci-e will bottle neck the card ..

good luck

but how about going with amd ,..?this way you will get much better pc

same ram

but cpu : phenom ii x 2 550 / x3 710-720 / x 4 920

mb : gigabyte 770-ud3p , 785-ud3h

and with the money you will save you can get 9800gt instead ..

what say you ..?

I'd say chuck Intel, go AMD.. You should be able to get better performance from an AMD build!!

Also Intel-made mobos are good for nothing more than stock performance, go for something like ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte or EVGA...

I don't think PCIe1.0 would bottleneck something like 9600GT..

BTW where are you from? It would help if you could direct us to some online store in your place..

Also, I can't understand the first sentence.. Are you used to building high-end PCs or not?

i say AMD is best

here

phenom ii x2 550

gigabyte 770-ud3p

ddr2 ram

9800gt

every thing else still the same ram get 2 gigs or more 800mhz

this is much more powerful than intel or

if you can squeeze your self get x3 710 that is faster than 550

550 is very fast it beats the intel you wrote and if you are lucky enough you can unlock the other two core but i do not recommend this

since it may get unstable ...

as for your question about the p45/35 yes there is a difference in performance between them and g41 p43 i think not

and about the bottle neck , when the new pci-e 3.0 come out , and pci-e 3.0 cards come out

pci-e 3.0 cards can be bottle necked by the 1.0 so 2.0 is better in that case but with your card 9600/9800 you will not notice any difference at all

i said that just to let you know when you want to get a new pci=e 3.0 card it will not show it`s muscle with 1.0

good luck ..................:)

Yea but the 770 board is quite abit more.

it is better than the board you wrote , and i think i read some where that AM2 can not take AM3 cpu unlike AM2+ ..

i think it is worth buying , the board you wrote is a waste ...;)