Who wants to Break the old Rig out of the closet

Boinker

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you Compete with Ye ol 478 or socket A proc

• Yes
    • No

I have a 1.7GHz Celeron (Willamette core!), Gigabyte board and even a Radeon 8500LE... but no IDE hard drive.. lol

rob old dell. ROFL.

Sorry, Im causing more trouble then I am worth. :D

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a old pentium 4 2.0Ghz from my friend. But sadly its compaq pc so I am not able to OC it. *sad* If i could I would definitely try and get that up as much as I could.

I have a old pentium 4 2.0Ghz from my friend. But sadly its compaq pc so I am not able to OC it. *sad* If i could I would definitely try and get that up as much as I could.

Meh.. you should try buying a sony vaio.. now They are damn near IMPOSSIBLE to OC, i managed to get my 3.4ghz cpu up to 3.5, and battled with it for a week to try and get a stable 3.6ghz.. eventually i just gave up and OC'd the ram and left it be at 3.4 :lol:

I've got an old Compaq socket 7 machine as well as a 478. Though the socket 7 isn't running at the moment still have to find the jumper guide again so I can set the board right for my K6 450MHz I threw in it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Amd Athlon Xp 2500+ socket A rig that I have set up as a file/backup server running Server '03 literally in my closet hahaha :lol:

I currently have it UC'd to 1GHz to conserve power and produce less heat, but next time i'm home I'll slap on a better cooler (stock one atm) and see how high I can get

and if i blow it up i always have my old Athlon Xp 1800+ lying around somewhere B:)

I did find an old socket 370 system out in the shop running a celron 933 (that wont post above 600mhz) but I think it would be epic fail if I tried to oc it :( though I didnt see any settings in the bios to change the voltages (some off brand mATX board from fry's if I recall).

I'll have to keep looking :)

Wait a minute.. I have a couple old laptops setting around a p1 and a dell p4..hmm