WRT120N router issues

sYstEmATiC

Ok I bought a wrt120n linksys 802.11n router today and im about to throw it out the window. Ive got 4 laptop computers all with wireless N cards. No matter what setting, or which laptop, I cant get faster than about 400KBps transfer rate when transferring over lan. I have disabled The N and tried to use 802.11G, ive enabled the DMZ, Ive turned off all firewalls and security features. Ive done everything i can think of and i cant get it to go any faster than half a megabyte ps and Ive reached nerves end.

I'm tired and cant see straight so im going to bed right now. If theres anything anyone can think of that would cause this type of issue, please help. If I cant get it figured out by tomorrow, I will just take it back and get a different router.

Thanks

Brian

I have that same router. It does a good job. I just plugged it in and it worked. All the computers that use the wireless just work and work good. But by the reviews on newegg a lot of people did not like the router and had problems with it.

Possibly just a hardware issue. It may be software as well, so try flashing its bios to the latest on Linksys' website. If not, try an aftermarket firmware like DDWRT or Tomato. If that doesn't help, get an exchange. At my parents house I set up a wrt320n, and it works beautifully on DDWRT. 30mbyte/s wired and about 15-20mbyte/s wireless on N to N laptops. If that doesn't fix it, I would exchange it for a new one.

Edited by airman

Well I went ahead and took it back today and picked up a D-Link DIR-628 for the same price that had more features. I've never used anything other than linksys so i figured i would give it a try. I like the fact that i can plug my 3G mobile broadband card or usb hard drives into it. So far so good.

As for the linksys, I'm not sure what its deal was. I put a few different firmwares on it, and tried some different settings, none of which fixed my issue. I gave up and took it back and got the d-link instead.