CPU_Cooker

How often have you see a CPU go bad?

I have never had one die on me. I did drop a AMD 9500 processor about a year ago and a few of the pins broke off.

I've killed a faithful P4 3.2C removing the IHS... which removed the core with it :lol:

Never actually had one die however.... and I've worked on all kinds of computers on and off the job. Usually motherboards, power supplies, HDDs, and supporting cards.

Kind of funny that Intel and AMD can get 99% of their processors made up of hundreds of thousands of tiny transistors, if not millions, to last at least 15 years but motherboard and power supply manufacturers can't even properly build some relatively simple power circuits :rolleyes:

...motherboard and power supply manufacturers can't even properly build some relatively simple power circuits :rolleyes:

They can, they just cost more than most people are willing to pay. Thus, we see them fail a lot more often. :P

I got one dead out of box but have never had one die on me. Even had a mounting bracket short the mb out, fried the mb but the cpu survived :)

Never had a cpu just die only a AMD 2000+ in which I did not put the cpu hsf on properly

I has a 6800gt die just over a year old, that was a sad day

Edited by davidst

have one dead nes (and one living one), other than that nothing I have ever owned has failed me. though my screens getting more and more dead pixels everyday. :(

Never really had my CPU's fail me, although sometimes revert to factory clocks from overclocked for no apparent reason.

Never really had my CPU's fail me, although sometimes revert to factory clocks from overclocked for no apparent reason.

i am doing some tests on p4 631 (hyper threading )

and it some times sucks with vista ..:lol:

but i7 920 and the e8400 they are great ..:D

Edited by N.E.A