Ph4n

NEW Core i7 rig, need advice

i was actually thinking mobo would be better since, im a novice OCer so all help would be beneficial :) and i dont plan on goin more than 2 cards anyway... and i think the 5850 is powerful enough for me for atleast 1.5 years... then il jus CF

I told you what I would pick!! It's totally up to you...

BTW OCing is not a Herculean task but extreme OC is (for which the mobo wouldn't really guide you)!!

I'd say get a mobo which is capable of OCing to the extent you want and don't worry about the fancy stuff like OC genie button or Turbo V EVO or....

There are always experts here @ the OCC to help!! :)

BTW OCing is not a Herculean task but extreme OC is (for which the mobo wouldn't really guide you)!!

I'd say get a mobo which is capable of OCing to the extent you want and don't worry about the fancy stuff like OC genie button or Turbo V EVO or....

There are always experts here @ the OCC to help!! :)

Perfectly said. ^_^

hae guys, totally going on a tangent here; but , would it better to save some $$ and get a phenom x4 965 BE?? plz give some advice about what motherboard because i have absolutely no idea what to go for???... i plan on mostly gaming, (maybe little vid editing) and it needs to be easily upgradeable (aka CF or new cpu)

Edited by Ph4n

Look around for 790FX/790X/790GX mobos.. those are the best from AMD.. 955 is better vfm than 965

Also ther is one good SLI chipset from Nvidia (I guess it's better than the older lot, absolutely no idea though..)

Please select a build soon or look at the other topics and google.. Don't be so fickle!! (Sorry if I sound a little rude coz that's not what I intend to do!!)