Sign in to follow this  
Guest ajmatson

Stargate: Universe

Guest ajmatson

Stargate Universe starts tonight at 9pm. I am so stoked :)

SG: Universe starts next week over in the UK and I have to say I'm looking forward to it!

Cheers

Paul

Guest ajmatson

Man I tell you the two hour pilot has me ready for the rest of the season. It kept me wanting to know more each time it came back from commercials. This should be a good spin off.

Should I watch this?

I really really really like Sci-Fi (how can that be true when I don't watch any Sci-Fi series?) but I've only seen like 5 episodes of Stargate, would I be completely lost if I just started watching it now?

Guest ajmatson

If you picked up on Stargate Universe you would not be lost it is a series in itself. However if you like Stargate the first seven seasons of SG1 are on Hulu. I personally liked Atlantis the best until now :)

Also fyi if you missed the Stargate Universe Pilot it is available over at Hulu.

Edited by ajmatson

If you picked up on Stargate Universe you would not be lost it is a series in itself.
I may start watching it then.

Argh... curse corporate SyFy... If you liked Battlestar Galactica and it's ultra magnified MTV/VH1 pansy character struggle drama style then you'll like Stargate Battlestar Universe.

Depressing

Humorless

Gloomy

And maybe it's because I've always been around military but jeez... all the 'soldiers' are just insubordinate melodramatic sissies... I can't stand to watch it <_< Why!? I refuse to believe people would rather enjoy watching soap operas than SG1, farscape, firefly and shows of the like...

Pretty good season premier. I loved SG:1 and hated SG:A, but kept watching with the hope that it would actually become a decent show.

I really don't like the lead Dr. guy, he reminds me of a cross between Jackson and Weir. Haven't really gotten a feel for the rest of the crew yet, guess that'll take a few more episodes. I think it was io9's review said the 3rd episode really shows where they plan to take the series.

I really enjoyed the Stargate: Universe premier. This could be a chance to revitalize the SG franchise. My only quarrel, the segways to commercials... there weren't any. I found myself engrossed in the story only to be abruptly presented with an ad for dental floss x-D. They need to add some fade to black before commercials, other than that it was awesome.

I am really enjoying it, I think its a mix between BSG, and SG1. A buddy of mine also compared it to Earth 2 which I can see as well.

I think one of the biggest downfalls of SG1 / Atlantis was that they kept reusing plots and each series got kinda stale. It really sucked when you saw a SG1 episode and they took the same plot concepts over to Atlantis.

This series has alot of potential, and I think they can do it without all the humor that SG1 / Atlantis was known for. I really only think that Richard Dean Anderson was really the only one who could get away with the humor anyways. As for the lead, I hate him too, but I think that is what is going to make him such a great character. In the past series each character had a part that you loved. They never really mixed anything up and put a character in that nobody really liked. I think his character is going to really progress threw the season and I am excited to see it.

I like that they added a 'normal geeky' character too, some dude who just got lucky and is tossed into the maw that is the universe of the stargate.

We will see I enjoy it alot.

I like that they added a 'normal geeky' character too, some dude who just got lucky and is tossed into the maw that is the universe of the stargate.

I really like his character, I think he adds some good elements to the mix. But the way they abducted him was a bit unbelievable.

I really like his character, I think he adds some good elements to the mix. But the way they abducted him was a bit unbelievable.

truth, I still like RDA's line "or we will beam you up to our spaceship" hehe...