sack_patrol

Speakers vs. Headphones

It's really not. No car is set up for decent imaging and all the glass plays havoc with any that get halfway close.

Tell him to spend the money on some soundproofing or shut it the . off. I can't stand retards with stereos like that; they give anyone with a car stereo a bad name with their idiotic booming through town. :rolleyes:

:withstupid:

Same. I hate the jerk offs who crusie through town with there music playing for the whole street. I woundent mind so much if I could hear any "music" but all I can hear is "boom boom boom" interrupted by the rattle of their car parts. Cant imagine just how ear horrific that sounds IN the car...

gabrieltessin, instead of spending money on sound in your car, why not buy a nice stero for your house? I dont know about you, but I spend way more time OUT of my car than in it, hence I do NOT see the point in having your "best" sound system in your car.

gabrieltessin, instead of spending money on sound in your car, why not buy a nice stero for your house? I dont know about you, but I spend way more time OUT of my car than in it, hence I do NOT see the point in having your "best" sound system in your car.

Yeah

Ok then but I have no need for good speakers, I have headphones so I don't disturb others. I haven't put a dime in my car audio except for a fuse or two in almost three years.

Thanks for that insight Steve... :)

I may put off getting one until after christmas time, I'm not going to be doing any serious post work on sound until Easter anyways. I've got bigger fish to fry at the moment (see i7 thread) and I've still got my Fostex setup anyway :P

I like both. Eventually I will get a better pair of each (bookshelves and headphones), but I'll need to get better amps when I do so. I really like Steve's M3 headphone amp. I will game with either speakers or headphones. I prefer the bookshelves for music. YMMV :thumbs-up:

The lighting isn't the greatest in here (sorry), and, yes, my speaker stands are computer cases :ph34r:

Hardware: PC w/ Auzentech Xplosion (currently not really used - digital coax out), Pioneer 6x110W receiver, 2xBIC DV62si Bookshelves, 1 pair Bose around-ear headphones (in dire need of new wiring - stock is junk, and new ear cups)

Thanks for that insight Steve... :)

I may put off getting one until after christmas time, I'm not going to be doing any serious post work on sound until Easter anyways. I've got bigger fish to fry at the moment (see i7 thread) and I've still got my Fostex setup anyway :P

Seriously - the Little Dot is teh s

i have a pair of sennheiser hd 555 headphones, they make everything sound good. i am thinking of upgrading to sennheiser pc350 cuz they have a mic build in them already.

I would highly recommend these: Grado SR-60i. The ones I own are acttually just the SR-60 but they sound amazing. They have an old school look to them as well which may not work for you but I love it. Anywho, you won't be disappointed, and they beat the hell out of any set of speakers I've ever heard, even running from my iPod.

I've currently been using my new Sennheiser HD-280 Pro headphones for everything, but thats because I'm burning them in still and well, I can't really play music or game until I get something to absorb vibrations from my speakers. Ever since I upgraded the op-amps on my sound card, my speakers have too much bass lol, so they end up rattling my desk which sends vibrations down to the floor which pisses off my downstairs neighbor. My sub is on a folded up towel but I need something for my speakers also, I just haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. But so far, my headphones are pretty rocking. Its much more intimate than speakers so I'm able to pick up on more detail in my games and music, plus well, I get no noise complaints with them in. :P

pro headphones ftw.

You still need something decent to drive them though - valves ftw! :P Here's one I snapped at night.

9728_160193957378_508267378_2943607_2682689_n.jpg