Chicago out...

greengiant912

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The negitives? Taxes were not going to be increased it was all going to be privatly funded. The event itself would of made up for the upfront cost. Chicagoians are so narrowed minded thinking that the event would only effect them. You gotta remember it would cross into the states surronding it including my state wi bringing revenue to my state as well. Not only that it would of made jobs in this troubled job

market.

Typing a post on iPhone = hard lol

just in rio won. Frankly Its hard to belive that this city was even nominated as a canadiate, they are practically third world outside the beach/ city center. They need tons of infastructer and are lacking in alot of ways but whatever.

Edited by greengiant912

Soooooooooooooo happy Chicago didn't get it. A place as corrupt as Chicageo doesn't deserve it.

Yeah Rio isn't much better though, crime up the yin-yang. Although it is nice that it will be in South America at least once...

Soooooooooooooo happy Chicago didn't get it. A place as corrupt as Chicageo doesn't deserve it.

Personally, talking about Chicago being corrupt shouldn't come from someone living in Vegas. :P We can get into semantics about corruption in the cities if you want.

I'm kind of bummed Chicago didn't get it.. but then again its kind of good Rio did because South America has never hosted the Olympics. But, like greengiant said, Rio is terrible once you get outside the downturn/waterfront area. But oh well, if people believe in the Mayan calender, then the 2016 games won't even exist. ;)

How you say... OWNED? Our own President embarked on the mission to attract the Olympic games to his home city, and I can't believe he couldn't use his opulent tongue to woo the committee into siding with him. I guess they didn't have a teleprompter handy. Too bad.

A Jedi mind trick, the Weirding Way, anything.

Edited by LoArmistead

But oh well, if people believe in the Mayan calender, then the 2016 games won't even exist. ;)

Exactly what I was thinking ;)

I am kinda really disappointed, It would of been an Olympics I would of attended, being roughly an hour away from Chicago. It would of brought a lot of good to the Wisconsin's economy as well, as events were going to be held at the various colleges and other venues, with the cycling competition coming up here as well.

Oh well hopefully they try again in 2020, Rio tried for 2012 but lost to London who has hosted more Olympic events then any other city. I think if Chicago tries in 2020 they could very well get it.

I just hate the controversy over Obama going there. It was really a lose lose situation, and he realized that so he went. There would of been controversy if he didn't go and Chicago lost. I think it was a good thing he went, it was a chance to try and secure a HUGE economic benefit for the United States. Nobody can deny that it would of created jobs, and bring in revenue.

Oh well maybe next time!

How you say... OWNED? Our own President embarked on the mission to attract the Olympic games to his home city, and I can't believe he couldn't use his opulent tongue to woo the committee into siding with him. I guess they didn't have a teleprompter handy. Too bad.

only 7 posts before an "obama sucks" comment.

new record?

Edited by pezcore

The negitives? Taxes were not going to be increased it was all going to be privatly funded. The event itself would of made up for the upfront cost. Chicagoians are so narrowed minded thinking that the event would only effect them. You gotta remember it would cross into the states surronding it including my state wi bringing revenue to my state as well. Not only that it would of made jobs in this troubled job

market.

Have you ever driven on Lake Shore Drive during Rush hour? What about 90/94? What about the park that would be destroyed in creating an olympic stadium? What about the influx of crime during events like these? Other than the 'honor' of hosting the Olympics there is nothing to be gained. Maybe that money would be better spent preserving the Illinois MAP grant so students can pay for college. There are things that people are not willing (or should not be) to give up just to host something like this; that does not make someone narrow minded.

http://www.saveillinoismapgrants.org/

The City of Chicago as as many people as the entire state of Wisconsin, btw.