09 Chevy vs 59 Chevy

romeo55

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Insur....aspx?gt1=33009

There's two videos so make sure you don't close the video out as the second one will follow.

Anywho, the old Chevy crumpling was just crazy... would not want to be riding in that! And the Smart Car crash was to be expected - it had some airtime! :lol: Yeah it's physics but it's still pretty remarkable how undamaged the cabin is on that thing.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Insur....aspx?gt1=33009

There's two videos so make sure you don't close the video out as the second one will follow.

Anywho, the old Chevy crumpling was just crazy... would not want to be riding in that! And the Smart Car crash was to be expected - it had some airtime! :lol: Yeah it's physics but it's still pretty remarkable how undamaged the cabin is on that thing.

lol that was enlightening I expected the old chevy to walk right through the new malibu

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Having several old cars myself (57 chevy Bel-Air) that video is FAKE....the car was NOT a full real Bel-Air from 59

how do I know...watch the video...the best part is about half way through the video when they show the front crash from the passenger side...

watch the hood on the 59...it wobbles and wrinkles like it is tin foil...a vitage hood will NOT do this...the metal is too thick...

this car has been re-assembled with very thin gauge material and what is more important the core support is missing and so are the inner fender structures....

who are they kidding....

I have been in crashes at 50mph in vintage cars and they dont crash like that...T-boned a guy at 50mph and it knocked the bumper back and slightly bulged a fender....no way to crashed like that...

the seats are also bolted to the frame under the seat and it will NOT rip out...this is just BOGUS into making you think newer cars are safe...NOT

back then cars were crash test rated at a higher MPH than they are now...EPA mandates have allowed cars to have crash test standards at a lower MPH year after year....I think now we are down to a 15mph standard...not the 40mph we were back in the 50s...

go ahead look it up...

That news anchor is little far fetch. She compared a new car to an old car then used that comparison to two different administrations.

To sum it up she basically said if you vote republican you get the old car. If you vote democrat you get the new car. That's one hell of way to base your political standpoint from cars that differ in decades.

Having several old cars myself (57 chevy Bel-Air) that video is FAKE....the car was NOT a full real Bel-Air from 59

how do I know...watch the video...the best part is about half way through the video when they show the front crash from the passenger side...

watch the hood on the 59...it wobbles and wrinkles like it is tin foil...a vitage hood will NOT do this...the metal is too thick...

this car has been re-assembled with very thin gauge material and what is more important the core support is missing and so are the inner fender structures....

who are they kidding....

I have been in crashes at 50mph in vintage cars and they dont crash like that...T-boned a guy at 50mph and it knocked the bumper back and slightly bulged a fender....no way to crashed like that...

the seats are also bolted to the frame under the seat and it will NOT rip out...this is just BOGUS into making you think newer cars are safe...NOT

back then cars were crash test rated at a higher MPH than they are now...EPA mandates have allowed cars to have crash test standards at a lower MPH year after year....I think now we are down to a 15mph standard...not the 40mph we were back in the 50s...

go ahead look it up...

I hate to say it but you're completely and utterly wrong.

This is how conspiracy theories are born...when something doesn't match up with your pre-conceived notions. I hate to break it to you but most older cars are absolute death traps when compared to any car made in the last decade or so. That was a completely intact '59 Bel Air and a standard '09 Malibu.

You have ZERO idea how the hood will look in super-slow motion as it's just been rammed into the equivalent of a 3000 pound wall at 80 mph. Don't spread BS like this; it helps nobody. :rolleyes:

More details: http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/09/18...air-crash-test/

Also - this offset impact test wasn't added until relatively recently. Older cars were never tested like this...ever.

http://www.carcraft.com/junkyardcrawl/ccrp...evys/index.html

That car in particular (and many from that time) didn't have a box frame.

EDIT2:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/ask-the-b...iihs-destroyed/

There's the car. Have fun.

Edited by Waco