My $900 Intel Gaming Rig.

I Raven I

Hey don't get 710, get a 720 instead..

And get DDR3 RAM and a mobo that supports it!

What about a CPU cooler? Aren't you looking to OC?

i think he is not in any case 710 is good , but if he wants to overclock like crazy then 720 is better since it features an unlock multiplier

but for crazy over clock on that cpu i think he will need 30-50 $ cooler or even more

with the 200$ he saved , he can go with any cpu i suggested and get a decent cpu cooler like ocz vendetta/2 or cooler master hyper 212

as for ddr3 , ddr3=ddr2 in performance but exceeds it in price , to get a good ddr3 i think a good quality one with clock higher than 1333 also

do not forget about the timings ,

so 1600 mhz ddr3 is very expensive , so ddr2 is better in that case also we are trying to achieve performance/price

ddr3 fails in that equation and ddr2 wins ,

if you are gaming , just gaming nothing else ddr2 is good for ya , ddr3 below 1600mhz is a waste

any way as i said in the previous reply , if you want ddr3 we can make a build with it but there is no need for it.

like nns said get a cooler. with money you will save if you did not spend it on ddr3 + running the cpu on the stock cooler

then this way you will get more performance ....

any way it is your build all we do is recommending

all you do is picking

my recommendations : ddr2 + one of the cpus i wrote + board + vidoe card + decent cpu cooler

this build will be more powerful than ddr3 + board + cpu + video card + cpu stock cooler

the cpu type and clock makes a difference but ram type and clock in some cases do not make a huge difference like the cpu does

like the difference between ddr2 800 and 1066 it is not noticeable in games but in benchmark scores yes and the difference will be tiny like

800mhz scores : 500 and 1066mhz : 530

any way decide what you want and tell us ...good luck :)

Edited by N.E.A