Sign in to follow this  
Crazy_Nate

Toyota issues huge recall over accelerator risk

Wait...

If that's true then there shouldn't be a recall at all. Hell, there shouldn't be a recall anyway, people who take on the responsibility to drive should be able to figure out how the hell to control their own vehicle.

I hate this country sometimes. <_<

Yea I mean if you put an oversize mat down it's going to cause problems <_<

this is just gotten to the point where anybody can sue for anything even if it is their own fault

I understand it's likely the accident could have been avoided with better driver training, but I just don't get what's wrong with a company doing a recall to fix the problem...

If Toyota wants do it, why not?

I understand it's likely the accident could have been avoided with better driver training, but I just don't get what's wrong with a company doing a recall to fix the problem...

It's not their problem to fix. Aftermarket parts are not the OEM's responsibility.

It's not their problem to fix. Aftermarket parts are not the OEM's responsibility.

lol yeah, that's like me running nitrous and then blowing my motor and being like "Hey Saturn, your engine is defective!"

Saturn's response: "EFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I read someplace that it was a dealer installed "OEM aftermarket" mat placed on top of the factory mat. I can't remember where I saw that though so I can't verify...

This is bogus! I can't imagine a manufacturer such as Toyota lowering themselves to the antics of overlooking or deciding to deal with a major manufacturing defect such as this... It's like the problems that plagued Audi had in the early 80s or was it the late 70s (apparently the brake and accelerator pedals were too close together was the argument)... whatever, this is just another manufacturer getting blamed for tremendously incompetent drivers that shouldn't even have the privilege of having a driver's license... what a crock of horse manure.

i drive a '09 corolla.... ironically the mats all the time would get rolled up. HOWEVER i just assumed that what a $140 mat does when its like 6 inches thick lol. they are currently literally sitting on the back deck and have been for about a month (before i heard of the recall)

and something with the accelleration, hilariously how i drive i dont think anyone would of believed it would of been the car how i drive :X

so toyota saved my racecar style driving self :D

:rolleyes:

Seriously, press the clutch and take it outta gear! ...... Ohh...... wait... US and their automatics... "learning" how to drive with an Automatic car is just facepalmworthy...

:rolleyes:

Seriously, press the clutch and take it outta gear! ...... Ohh...... wait... US and their automatics... "learning" how to drive with an Automatic car is just facepalmworthy...

It's just as easy to throw a car in neutral, or downshift, or [insert any action here except CALLING someone]. :lol:

I <3 my standard. :)

It's just as easy to throw a car in neutral, or downshift, or [insert any action here except CALLING someone]. :lol:

I <3 my standard. :)

Manual for life, I can't believe I left it for so long :( (first car stick, then automatic, automatic and then back to stick :))

This is bogus! I can't imagine a manufacturer such as Toyota lowering themselves to the antics of overlooking or deciding to deal with a major manufacturing defect such as this... It's like the problems that plagued Audi had in the early 80s or was it the late 70s (apparently the brake and accelerator pedals were too close together was the argument)... whatever, this is just another manufacturer getting blamed for tremendously incompetent drivers that shouldn't even have the privilege of having a driver's license... what a crock of horse manure.

Long time no see!