Why is my CPU geting hotter and hotter??

My cpu is now at 50C. It used to be at 36 then it went to around 40 when I flashed bios last week and now it's at 50. what the heck?

AMD Phenom II 550 BE non OC

Bios shows 50 and Everest shows 50. No mistake. Damn this sucks. I can't understand why it's getting so hot for no reason at all. CPU usage is 0-1%

Edited by ballist1x

I checked the bios and I disabled the manual options for the power and voltage where I had made a -75 change for the CPU cuz it was at 1.5 when I flashed bios for some reason and now after I disabled the change at the whole thing it's back to normal as it was before and as it was with the -75 change so no diffrence except that CPU #1 and 2 are back to normal (36-37C) but the CPU temp is still at 48C. Idk...I guess if I turn of the PC it will cool down and l8r it will be normal but i'm not too sure.

here is what clearning the cmos did.

Exactly what it did when i flashed bios to newest version...I don't feel like rolling back to previos version though...I'm too lazy. And anyway dfi site for some reason won't let me see or download anything for any model.

Over the years of running different DFI's, one very noticable thing is cpu temp variations between bios's.

This really isn't unusual, because of changes made between one bios and another.

What you should do is use "Real Temp" to monitor you cpu temps (assuming it works with AMD cpu's), because it is consistant regardless of whatever bios you are using.