Caddy Daddy

gtx 295 or ati 5870

what is wrong with you guys ..?

The I'm with Stupid icon ( :withstupid: ) actually means that you agree. I know, it sounds dumb, but that's how people use it.

And they were complementing you. You used to say a lot of wrong stuff, but with that post you said the right things and backed your argument.

now i am seeing that nvidia disables physx when system found with ati card. oh well

You can use an older nvidia driver and it works just as well.

The I'm with Stupid icon ( :withstupid: ) actually means that you agree. I know, it sounds dumb, but that's how people use it.

And they were complementing you. You used to say a lot of wrong stuff, but with that post you said the right things and backed your argument.

:withstupid:

:lol:

You can use an older nvidia driver and it works just as well.

the power of nvidia not realizing that that is still there

i wonder if they'll notice this and take the drivers off the website, making the people with old cards that can't get old drivers hat nvidia :D

the power of nvidia not realizing that that is still there

i wonder if they'll notice this and take the drivers off the website, making the people with old cards that can't get old drivers hat nvidia :D

They know its there I spoke with them this morning about it. I asked them if they planned on allowing PhysX again down the road answer was prob not. "We don't have the time or the man power to test that many combinations."

They know its there I spoke with them this morning about it. I asked them if they planned on allowing PhysX again down the road answer was prob not. "We don't have the time or the man power to test that many combinations."

but wait a minutes, then how was it able to be used in the first place on ATI cards

what do they need to test

but wait a minutes, then how was it able to be used in the first place on ATI cards

I would think that would be new cards, 5870, 5850 etc paired with all Nvidia cards.

I would think that would be new cards, 5870, 5850 etc paired with all Nvidia cards.

yeah but they have us to do the testing. I'll gladly get paid nvidia wages for that, right now I'm unofficially a tester

yeah but they have us to do the testing. I'll gladly get paid nvidia wages for that, right now I'm unofficially a tester

:lol: I would join you

get the card , play with it , play crysis /warhead

Thats not an ideal method. Close but you cant just tests crysis, you would want other games (with different engines actually) If you can max out crysis with a 5870 thats fine, but what about Dead Space? that game will annihilate just about any ATI card. Like bosco said it depends what games you play.

As for the OP, the 5870 and GTX 295 perform similarly...now. but who knows, come next month when ATI releases new drivers, we might see a fair boost in performance ("might" being the key word). ;)

Edited by damian