gtx 295 or ati 5870

Caddy Daddy

Depending on the game when scaling allows there is a huge increase in performance.

We will test the CF scaling on the 5870's personally its not going to be cut and dried its going to go back and forth between them, again depending on the game. But saying that Quad SLI or Quad Fire sucks it not accurate and very misleading hence my reason for bringing it up. :)

i said that depending on what i have been told , any way forget about gtx 295 in sli

i mean who will buy 2 cards for 599 $ ..?, few will :closedeyes: .

and sorry i did not mean to mislead any one ...:(

i will get my mouth shut

Edited by N.E.A

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

correcting : i meant quad sli and quad fire sucks when comparing them to 5870 in cross fire .................:)

Again thats not true lol it depends on the game. ATI can't touch COD WOW against Quad SLI there is to much of gap for example.

Look at it this way you can have all the ATI cards you want turn PhysX on and its all over. What I am saying is you have to be more clear when you are making your points.

Edit

No need to stay quiet just be more clear is all :) I got the point you were trying to make but others might not :(

Again thats not true lol it depends on the game. ATI can't touch COD WOW against Quad SLI there is to much of gap for example.

Look at it this way you can have all the ATI cards you want turn PhysX on and its all over. What I am saying is you have to be more clear when you are making your points.

Edit

No need to stay quiet just be more clear is all :) I got the point you were trying to make but others might not :(

ok , thanks boss :).......:D , i will be more clear next time .

Ill have to run them through this testing regimen before I make any comment but the 5870 Xfire looks promising

yeah and 5850 too :)

By the time you get to it the 6xxx series cards will be out :lol:

:lol:

6800 will not be out till mid 2010 am i wrong ..? :unsure:

O my god noooooooo! facepalm!

Right now the 5870 is the fastest single GPU card out. The 5870 gives the 295 and 4870x2 a run for its money at this point and in some cases actually out performs them! In my testing at least.

yeah but the OP did say

hey guys, want to know if money was no object what would be your pick out of the best nvidia and ati has to offer right now or would u wait to see what the gt 300 would bring to the table. doing a new build which consist of asus rampage extreme 2 mobo, i7 940 and corsair triple channel ram and want help on choosing a video card setup. planning on quad sli or crossfire (depending on which i go with).

thanks

And there are cases where the 295 still win's a little bit

If price was entered into the equation, the 4870x2 or 5870 would be no brainers. (4870x2's can be had for ~$250 on ebay, and get +- 5870 performance)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

ok , thanks boss :).......:D , i will be more clear next time .

yeah and 5850 too :)

:lol:

6800 will not be out till mid 2010 am i wrong ..? :unsure:

Ya we will have the 5850 coming up here pretty quick.

Correct about the 6 series I was just bugging him because he has alot on his plate :lol:

My question to Caddy is what are you doing that needs Quad SLI or Crossfire? What size of monitor are you using or plan on using? I am guessing this is for gaming or you going to be rendering?

By the time you get to it the 6xxx series cards will be out :lol:

LOL

Ya we will have the 5850 coming up here pretty quick.

Correct about the 6 series I was just bugging him because he has alot on his plate :lol:

Is that what that is ! Been trying to figure it out!

If you have to buy now, the 5870 is a better buy, by far!

If you want physX, i would try and hold out till the gtx300s hit. Its gonna suck buying a 500$ card and not have DX11 right now.

other then physX Its not much of a toss up, i think the gtx295 is a mammoth card which requires a lot of power. it is powerful, but the performance per watt and performance per dollar is far behind the 5870.

It all should fall on your stance in physX. If you dont care forget the Nvidia card. If you do not care or are just somewhat interested, there is the option of a dual ATI gpu with PhysX nvidia card in windows7. So you can still have the 5870 and a physX card, its just more of a hassle that way.