gtx 295 or ati 5870

Caddy Daddy

hey guys, want to know if money was no object what would be your pick out of the best nvidia and ati has to offer right now or would u wait to see what the gt 300 would bring to the table. doing a new build which consist of asus rampage extreme 2 mobo, i7 940 and corsair triple channel ram and want help on choosing a video card setup. planning on quad sli or crossfire (depending on which i go with).

thanks

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well , if you want to play physx enabled games then gtx 295 , and if you want the fastest single card (not gpu )

solution then gtx 295 , but i say 5870 since you can add another one and will squash 2 x gtx 295 , because quad sli and quad fire sucks

and i prefer 5870 since it is new technology 40nm and has many features over the 295 and it is dx 11 card so you do not have to get a new card when you want to play dx 11 game .

and gtx 295 is over priced 599 $ <_< and i may add that it looks better than 295 :P

Edited by N.E.A

well , if you want to play physx enabled games then gtx 295 , and if you want the fastest single card (not gpu )

solution then gtx 295 , but i say 5870 since you can add another one and will squash 2 x gtx 295 , because quad sli and quad fire sucks

and i prefer 5870 since it is new technology 40nm and has many features over the 295 and it is dx 11 card so you do not have to get a new card when you want to play dx 11 game .

and gtx 295 is over priced 599 $ <_< and i may add that it looks better than 295 :P

:withstupid:

wow...such a great response I don't even have to say anything. You've learned well young padawan :typing:

you got stream technology where it lends a hand to your cpu

i'd go for the 5870 because i'm a fan boy, it's almost as much performance for cheaper, and in a good couple of months, you can crossfire them for the same amount of money you'd do with just one gtx295 (two 5870 will perform stronger)

2x5870>gtx295 it's how life works

wow...such a great response I don't even have to say anything. You've learned well young padawan :typing:

:lol::P thanks

but why :withstupid: sign that is not fair :angry2:

Edited by N.E.A

O my god noooooooo! facepalm!

Right now the 5870 is the fastest single GPU card out. The 5870 gives the 295 and 4870x2 a run for its money at this point and in some cases actually out performs them! In my testing at least.

O my god noooooooo! facepalm!

Right now the 5870 is the fastest single GPU card out. The 5870 gives the 295 and 4870x2 a run for its money at this point and in some cases actually out performs them! In my testing at least.

:P hey IVI take this : ( :P )

:lol:

just joking do not take this seriously .....:)

Edited by N.E.A

Oh really :blink: What are you basing that opinon off of?

on what i have been told here :P , that was on topic which we were talking about 2 5870 vs 2 gtx 295

i was wondering why 4 gpus got beaten by 2 ...while one of these 2 gpus (5870) got beaten by 2 gpus of the four (gtx295)

Depending on the game when scaling allows there is a huge increase in performance.

We will test the CF scaling on the 5870's personally its not going to be cut and dried its going to go back and forth between them, again depending on the game. But saying that Quad SLI or Quad Fire sucks it not accurate and very misleading hence my reason for bringing it up. :)

I have run both and well they deliver better results when they scale . You could take a gander at how they suck Right here! You might find this helpful in future discussions :thumbs-up:

correcting : i meant quad sli and quad fire sucks when comparing them to 5870 in cross fire .................:)