Newegg to go public files $175M IPO

rourkchris

Tiger has some good prices, but being in IL and having to pay tax and shipping there is the deal breaker. slickdeals has found me good deals elsewhere, but newegg is usually the place to shop. I'm hoping corporate greed doesn't change that.

lucky you...newegg taxes new jersey so I'm having the opposite scenario as you :P

• 4 weeks later...
I hope they still retain there quality, prices and customer service because sometimes when company's are controlled my stock holders the company's policy change to screwing the customer to make as much profit as possible.

seems to me like service and support would get better rather than worse due to shareholders wanting to receive their dividends...egg support is one of the main reasons people use em instead of other webstores...unless they sell out to corporate raiders all will be well... the market is still the market and consumers still want what they want...the buyers decide whether the company sinks or swims and near as i can tell they wouldn't be going public if they weren't doing something right...