Newegg to go public files $175M IPO

rourkchris

I just hope they keep doing what they are doing. I dont see Circuit City being a problem for them at all...

they still have tigerdirect to worry about, which (for newegg taxed states like mine) often will equal newegg's prices while they are already an international company

but I hope they do well with it, help out the rest of the world. Hopefully our prices don't get any higher in stablizing with the rest of the other markets. TigerDirect/CompUSA can make it work, so why can't newegg! :thumbs-up:

Newegg is going public and filed a $175M IPO. Good or bad?

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=16361

i'm torn by mutually conflicting feelings....thought #1 is how do i get in on the ground floor of this opportunity? and thought #2 is if prices go up due to pressures to make stockholders happy (myself potentially) then where else will i shop for my components ?

i have now confused myself into procrastination fueled by indecision...egad

:lol:

i'm torn by mutually conflicting feelings....thought #1 is how do i get in on the ground floor of this opportunity? and thought #2 is if prices go up due to pressures to make stockholders happy (myself potentially) then where else will i shop for my components ?

i have now confused myself into procrastination fueled by indecision...egad

:lol:

TigerDirect :thumbs-up:

TigerDirect :thumbs-up:

I don't like TigerDirect's website layout so I don't shop there. Never have and probably never will. I've always thought newegg's site was easier than any other's to navigate and find what I'm looking for.

I have noticed some things with newegg lately that I haven't liked. Small complaints but still. Emailing the tracking #. If I pay for overnight Fed-Ex I usually have the item before newegg emails the tracking # to me. Kind of annoying. I wish they would email the tracking # when my package goes out not the next day. Their packaging of late. I've been really disappointed with their packaging since they decided to "go green" and use paper instead of styrofoam peanuts. Don't they have to chop down a tree to make paper? Several packages lately have been the product placed in the bottom of the box and the paper packaging stacked on top and around the sides. The bottom of the package has nothing to absorb shock except the product itself. My last package did use styrofoam peanuts so maybe they're going back to that method. I hope so. The $2.99 rush processing fee. They claim that 90%+ orders are shipped within 24 hours yet they still don't mind charging extra to make sure it goes out on time. Kind of lame.

The reasons I have shopped there in the past and will continue to as long as things remain the same: Service. I've had to RMA products back in the past and they've handled it quickly. Most places have you contact the manufacturer after 30 days. That's a big plus to me. Wide selection and low prices. Live support. I had a package that UPS said they delivered but didn't. Nowhere to be found. Talked with somone onlive live and was able to get it straightened out with newegg shipping me the items a second time. No paperwork on my end and no additional charges. UPS got charged for it and started calling and came to my house. UPS didn't care until it cost them money.

I hope they succeed with going public. If the service starts to lack or the processing/shipping starts to lack I'll go elsewhere.

I don't like TigerDirect's website layout so I don't shop there. Never have and probably never will. I've always thought newegg's site was easier than any other's to navigate and find what I'm looking for.

I have noticed some things with newegg lately that I haven't liked. Small complaints but still. Emailing the tracking #. If I pay for overnight Fed-Ex I usually have the item before newegg emails the tracking # to me. Kind of annoying. I wish they would email the tracking # when my package goes out not the next day. Their packaging of late. I've been really disappointed with their packaging since they decided to "go green" and use paper instead of styrofoam peanuts. Don't they have to chop down a tree to make paper? Several packages lately have been the product placed in the bottom of the box and the paper packaging stacked on top and around the sides. The bottom of the package has nothing to absorb shock except the product itself. My last package did use styrofoam peanuts so maybe they're going back to that method. I hope so. The $2.99 rush processing fee. They claim that 90%+ orders are shipped within 24 hours yet they still don't mind charging extra to make sure it goes out on time. Kind of lame.

The reasons I have shopped there in the past and will continue to as long as things remain the same: Service. I've had to RMA products back in the past and they've handled it quickly. Most places have you contact the manufacturer after 30 days. That's a big plus to me. Wide selection and low prices. Live support. I had a package that UPS said they delivered but didn't. Nowhere to be found. Talked with somone onlive live and was able to get it straightened out with newegg shipping me the items a second time. No paperwork on my end and no additional charges. UPS got charged for it and started calling and came to my house. UPS didn't care until it cost them money.

I hope they succeed with going public. If the service starts to lack or the processing/shipping starts to lack I'll go elsewhere.

I agree that Tiger's website isn't as user friendly as Newegg, but if I'm super cheapmaster (and can't find what I want on ebay) than TigerDirect is a great company.

Crutchfield has had the best packaging I've ever seen, also the greenest!! Their packing peanuts were made from starch so if you put water on them they'd dissolve away and were bio-safe. So you get the effectiveness of packing peanuts without the waste of styrofoam (I'm an environmentalist).

I do like Newegg's live service too, it's a great perk. TigerDirect's phone service was helpful too! (I forget if they had an online chat or not but the phone people were clearly american since both that I talked to spoke great english)

I agree that Tiger's website isn't as user friendly as Newegg, but if I'm super cheapmaster (and can't find what I want on ebay) than TigerDirect is a great company.

Crutchfield has had the best packaging I've ever seen, also the greenest!! Their packing peanuts were made from starch so if you put water on them they'd dissolve away and were bio-safe. So you get the effectiveness of packing peanuts without the waste of styrofoam (I'm an environmentalist).

I do like Newegg's live service too, it's a great perk. TigerDirect's phone service was helpful too! (I forget if they had an online chat or not but the phone people were clearly american since both that I talked to spoke great english)

Good to know. I've used zipzoomfly back when they were google but I can't stand the way they list their prices. You see the product and the great price, then you click on the product to find that the price is minus a rebate. I don't like bait and switch like that. Their website layout needs a lot of work too. Directron is good but again their website stinks. It looks like it was designed 15 years ago.

With newegg I find lots of savings through their weekly sales and coupon codes. Also lots of combo deals that entice me to part with more money. I like a good value and often find deals here.

Tiger has some good prices, but being in IL and having to pay tax and shipping there is the deal breaker. slickdeals has found me good deals elsewhere, but newegg is usually the place to shop. I'm hoping corporate greed doesn't change that.