Sign in to follow this  
mattwalter85

anyone else having problems with the new nvidia drivers?

Hey guys I just updated my drivers to the new ones from both Nvidia and EVGA's site they're the 190.62 ... no matter what game I play i always get a "driver stopped responding" error and I cant figure out whats going on. Anyone else on here having this problem? The rig im playin on right now is my other one its as follows....

E8400

GA Ep43-Ud3L

2x1gb ballistix 1066

GTX295

Win Vista x64 Ultimate

Sometimes Vista needs to be updated fully for some problems to go away. I had those "drivers have stopped responding" errors a lot on various older ones, namely 182 - 185. I'm using 186.18 currently because they are the most stable I've used in some time. I haven't tried the 190s yet, and I see no reason to currently, but check and see if some Vista updates are needed or even if the OC is causing it, like pezcore said. Alternatively, try to disable the SLI on the card so only one is being used.. or check for new SLI profiles with it.

Edited by bp9801

Sometimes Vista needs to be updated fully for some problems to go away. I had those "drivers have stopped responding" errors a lot on various older ones, namely 182 - 185. I'm using 186.18 currently because they are the most stable I've used in some time. I haven't tried the 190s yet, and I see no reason to currently, but check and see if some Vista updates are needed or even if the OC is causing it, like pezcore said. Alternatively, try to disable the SLI on the card so only one is being used.. or check for new SLI profiles with it.

:blink: why wouldn't you update your drivers?? 9/10 You will gain performance in everything, unless the game you are playing is really old.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

:blink: why wouldn't you update your drivers?? 9/10 You will gain performance in everything, unless the game you are playing is really old.

I haven't played a PC game in a few months, the most current one I play is Fallout 3 and it doesn't always play nice with nVidia drivers. I mostly wait and let other people be the guinea pig for the new releases so I know which one to grab. :P

I haven't played a PC game in a while because school is currently taking over my life and I have very little free time to game at night. Usually its just filled with reading pages and writing papers, so games are on the backburner currently.

I haven't played a PC game in a few months, the most current one I play is Fallout 3 and it doesn't always play nice with nVidia drivers. I mostly wait and let other people be the guinea pig for the new releases so I know which one to grab. :P

I haven't played a PC game in a while because school is currently taking over my life and I have very little free time to game at night. Usually its just filled with reading pages and writing papers, so games are on the backburner currently.

yeah but newer drivers are always better, gaming or not :P. It will be all the better when you finally get around to play time. My 260 ran Fallout 3 pretty well at 1920x1200, so yours will run great too. (even if it's a 192sp)

yeah but newer drivers are always better, gaming or not :P. It will be all the better when you finally get around to play time. My 260 ran Fallout 3 pretty well at 1920x1200, so yours will run great too. (even if it's a 192sp)

I'd love to have a GTX 260, but I have an 8800GTX. :P If you want to send me your 260, I'd be open to that. :D