Logitech g5 mouse problems

Bbrian

I have a Logitech g5 mouse and a system running Windows Vista 64 bit. The problem I am having is when I plug in the mouse to the usb ports and turn the system on it asks for driver software. The only option that will not disable the mouse is to click remind me later until it goes away. Driver software is installed via Logitech's website. The real problem though is after I click one of the other options or leave the computer running for to long without clicking remind me later it will try to install driver software, fail, and then the usb port will be completely unusable for the mouse as soon as Windows boots. Please help.

Also, the mouse works throughout the initial startup and bios but as soon as it gets to starting Windows it is off(evident through the lights on the mouse). Yes, I have tested on systems running xp and it works fine on them. The mouse doesn't work in safe mode either.

Edited by Bbrian

• 2 weeks later...

just find, get ,borrow a old cord mouse. download your drivers, install them then, restart with the mouse plugged in.

btw how did you get your mouse to work in bios? hehe :rolleyes:

Edited by cirro