xfx 9800gtx

wildman2

How well do the xfx 9800gtx?My son is giving me his, he is buying a new video card.Woohooo.Should have it in about a week...the minute it hits my door it will be folding...

How well do the xfx 9800gtx?My son is giving me his, he is buying a new video card.Woohooo.Should have it in about a week...the minute it hits my door it will be folding...

Are you going to run it alongside your 4870? If so, it'd be worth folding on it as well as using it for PhysX. :)

HMMM PhysX with the 9800 cool,wasn't planing on that.Was going to slap it into my other pc ,a 939 3800x2 w/sli board do smp and gpu folding.Is that possible?I dont game, I used to but not anymore since the boy is doin real time what FPS are.Don't have the heart for it anymore.Now I just do lots-o-3d graphics with Cinema 4d.OT but here is a hurricane lamp I did last night.

Edited by wildman2

HMMM PhysX with the 9800 cool,wasn't planing on that.Was going to slap it into my other pc ,a 939 3800x2 w/sli board do smp and gpu folding.Is that possible?I dont game, I used to but not anymore since the boy is doin real time what FPS are.Don't have the heart for it anymore.Now I just do lots-o-3d graphics with Cinema 4d.OT but here is a hurricane lamp I did last night.

NICE! I used to 3d model back when I was majoring in game design but my work never got to your level. Is that a hobby of yours or your career?? If it's not your career, it should be!! get out there and get your skills out into our world.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

NICE! I used to 3d model back when I was majoring in game design but my work never got to your level. Is that a hobby of yours or your career?? If it's not your career, it should be!! get out there and get your skills out into our world.

It is a hobby/addiction.I do it for fun ,to stay out of bars/trouble(hehehe)I try to model a couple of things a week as of late.Slowly getting back into it.Oh it took longer to render than it did to make it.Modeled and textured in 2.5 hrs.THX for the encouragement, I may have to look into that, the way my current employment is looking(automotive parts supplier)

You still in game design?Work in the industry?

It is a hobby/addiction.I do it for fun ,to stay out of bars/trouble(hehehe)I try to model a couple of things a week as of late.Slowly getting back into it.Oh it took longer to render than it did to make it.Modeled and textured in 2.5 hrs.THX for the encouragement, I may have to look into that, the way my current employment is looking(automotive parts supplier)

You still in game design?Work in the industry?

no I just majored in it for 2 and a half years at my college then switched to engineering which pretty much has me throwing out like 90% of those classes. Never worked in the industry

• 2 weeks later...

Well he finally bought his new card and the 9800gtx should be in the mail to me soon.Now I hope he hurries up and upgrades his cpu and sends the old one to me.hehehe q9300 will be better than the e-5200 for sure.