Ports on the front of a computer case.

d3bruts1d

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which ports, if any, do you use?

• If there is a port on the front of the case, I'll use it.
    • My case has several types of ports on the front, but I only use the USB/FireWire ports regularly.
    • My case has several types of ports on the front, but I only use the audio ports regularly.
    • My case has several types of ports on the front, but I only use the eSATA ports regularly.
    • My case has ports, but I don't use them. - Case is out of reach.
    • My case has ports, but I don't use them. - Looks too messy with the cables coming out the front.
    • My case has ports, but I don't use them. - The ports are not connected to the motherboard.
    • My case has ports, but I don't use them. - No real reason, and hadn't thought about it until today.
    • My case doesnt have any ports on the front.
    • Other (Please explain)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have USB, audio, and a mic input on the front/side of my case. I can't remember the last time I used them.

I do use the front USB header on my work machine but that's only because it's a pain to get to the back of it. :lol:

I have to reach around to the back of my computer very of often since it's a custom case and there are no sides or front end. other than what is necessary like my intake fans.

I do use almost all of my Extreme's 8 USB ports motherboard_productimageback_ga-ep45-extreme_big.jpg, but have never needed more. I do like machines with front usb ports for convenience but I don't mind reaching back often for mine.

My case has USB ports on the front and I definitely use at least one regularly. I had another case that had audio ports in the front as well, and it came in handy from time to time when using headphones. In general, though, I only need USB ports in the front...

Somehow I voted already???? My vote should have been for the second option though I'm actually between the second and third since the only ports I do use on the front regularly are USB and audio... I haven't even found a use for fire wire nor is it on the front of my case.

Edit: Heh didn't notice there was an other I guess since the 2nd and 3rd applied most I didn't bother to read further. If anyone cares and can change my vote put it on other.

Edited by Compxpert

Somehow I voted already???? My vote should have been for the second option though I'm actually between the second and third since the only ports I do use on the front regularly are USB and audio... I haven't even found a use for fire wire nor is it on the front of my case.

Edit: Heh didn't notice there was an other I guess since the 2nd and 3rd applied most I didn't bother to read further. If anyone cares and can change my vote put it on other.

Nowadays, Firewire doesn't seem as common, but the first few gens of iPods used Firewire. My fourth gen came with both firewire and USB. Firewire charges faster, so I use that at home.