d3bruts1d

Ports on the front of a computer case.

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which ports, if any, do you use?

• If there is a port on the front of the case, I'll use it.
    • My case has several types of ports on the front, but I only use the USB/FireWire ports regularly.
    • My case has several types of ports on the front, but I only use the audio ports regularly.
    • My case has several types of ports on the front, but I only use the eSATA ports regularly.
    • My case has ports, but I don't use them. - Case is out of reach.
    • My case has ports, but I don't use them. - Looks too messy with the cables coming out the front.
    • My case has ports, but I don't use them. - The ports are not connected to the motherboard.
    • My case has ports, but I don't use them. - No real reason, and hadn't thought about it until today.
    • My case doesnt have any ports on the front.
    • Other (Please explain)

Last week during the discussion of the Antec P183 case, several of us got side bared discussing the front ports on the case. Several of us don't use them and don't like having them on the case. While others found the ports to be extremely useful. What are your thoughts on the subject? Does your case have ports on the front panel? Do you use those ports? Only certain ports, or all of them?

Have Firewire, USB and Audio all wired up but the USB is the only one I use regularly.

Cheers

Paul

usb and audio ................:)

USB and audio here too. I voted Audio. I also have an eSATA, but I never used it.

Edited by The Smith

USB and audio here too. I voted Audio. I also have an eSATA, but I never used it.

i can not find any use for esata in front and the back as well

what is it good for any way ...?

Edited by N.E.A

i can not find any use for esata in front and the back as well

what is it good for any way ...?

Connecting an eSATA drive. :P It's faster than USB 2 and FireWire 800.

Connecting an eSATA drive. :P It's faster than USB 2 and FireWire 800.

usb 3.0 will blow it out of the water :P

usb 3.0 will blow it out of the water :P

Sata 3.0 will be out, it would be faster than Usb 3.0. When there is a new Sata is going to be a new eSata. Although, I wish they would rename the Satas to match what they do. Sata 1.5, Sata 3, and Sata 6 instead of Sata I, Sata II, and Sata III. I'm gonna see people buying Sata 3 drives and thinking they are the new Sata III (Sata 6).

I use my two Usb ports in the front. Have a firewire, but mobo has no firewire inputs. Plus no firewire devices anyways. Next case I'll make sure to get one with audio ports in the front.

Edited by Krazyxazn

is not usb 3.0 coming out before sata 3..?

i do need to update my info