No budget multimedia gaming build

Viceroy

Found a Storm Scout 922 for 93 dollars shipped and found an NZXT m59 for 50 dollars shipped.

The m59 LOOKS really cool, but it is plagued with flaws, like it being too small to hold the motherboard...? How are you supposed to even use the computer if the motherboard won't fit in the case? The price is very tempting but if there's going to be some big problems with it then it's not worth it.

The Storm Scout doesn't look nearly as cool to me as the m59, but it has much bigger fans and is from a more reputable manufacturer. It doesn't have any notable flaws that I have seen.

I would really prefer to get the m59 case if someone can convince me that the flaws I am seeing are not going to cripple me.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no matter what we say the case is a personal choice ,

we recommend the good cases and you are the one who will choose ....:)

about the m59 just because it is a mid tower case it does not mean it can not take ATX board

it is very very good , and the cable management is awesome

the only thing is it can not take card like 5870 easily since it is a 11 inch card :O

but it is very good in cable management and looks , the black interior is outstanding and the price for all these features is astonishing

the thing i do not like about it is the side fan is intakes air without filters the is what i do not like

i say if you do not want to spend much and get all the good stuff

then cooler master scout or nzxt m59

the HAF 922 is good , but there is not side window and that is essential to me

i must see what is happening there .

after all do not forget this

cases are personal choice .....:)

good luck...........:)

Edited by N.E.A

i think most full tower cases will not have that problem , case like antec 1200 , cooler master 922 ,932 although 922 is not full tower

CM sniper , cosmos .....

but i think the nvidia cards will not be as long ..

any way if you can get the sniper , 922 then it is very good ,

also check review , since i do not remember the sniper .....

good luck.............:)

here is the sniper i know the card is about 6-9 inches long , but from the look you can assume that it will fit the 5870 ,

but if you do not want to spend that much which i would not if i were you

get the 922 .....

Sure, but I mean is there any way around the 5870 card being too large for the m59 case? I really dig this case.

You could remove whatever cage would be in the way. Other than that the dimensions of the case seem pretty set in stone.

Sure, but I mean is there any way around the 5870 card being too large for the m59 case? I really dig this case.

You probably could if you cut into the bottom sheet of the 5.25 bay just a bit and slice it out so it would fit in. Being me though I'd take a second look at the Lian-Li you mentioned earlier... I <3 my PC-60FWB.

Edited by Compxpert