Sign in to follow this  
MJCRO

There's WATER on the MOON!

The main point of my OP was supposed to be more - say even if we did move out, then what? what would change? we'd just be squabbling on a different planet/moon. The fact is, humanity still has not been able to resolve its issues on THIS planet, so why should it be allowed to spread out and cause problems on Other planets?

Take the rotten eggs out of the basket, pull the weeds out from the garden and apply some good thermal paste, for efficeint runnings sake, THEN by all means lets boldly go where no-one has gone before :lol: i just think its best for us as a species to sort out our problems BEFORE we go gallabanting around the galaxy with selfishness, greed and corruption in our midst. Im not saying the species as a whole is the problem (thats a proposterous notion of-course) but certain individuals do tend to ruin it for all of us <_<

What would change is that our chance of survival as a species would increase greatly if we're not all still sitting on a single rock. Spread us out across several planets and when we do decide to nuke ourselves to oblivion on Earth, the species still survives through the various colonies.

Waiting for humanity to better itself before it sets for the stars is a utopian fantasy. It's never going to happen, so we might as well continue the course and colonize space. Believing otherwise does nothing more than hold back progress.

Waiting for humanity to better itself before it sets for the stars is a utopian fantasy. It's never going to happen, so we might as well continue the course and colonize space. Believing otherwise does nothing more than hold back progress.

Yes, as we become more advanced we will always develop and use bigger, better, and deadlier weapons to blow each other up.

Yes, as we become more advanced we will always develop and use bigger, better, and deadlier weapons to blow each other up.

Which means moving off-planet is a good idea eventually.

Of course, that would assume we can. Since we clearly didn't visit the moon we're all doomed. :lol:

no duh there is water on the moon what do you think the dino drink

I don't make any heads or tails of this, anyone help?

As far as water on the moon goes, sure its a little amount but it does show that water can form there. Now we just need to figure out a way to set up that moon base and we'd be all set. :P

Which means moving off-planet is a good idea eventually.

Of course, that would assume we can. Since we clearly didn't visit the moon we're all doomed. :lol:

humm dee dumm dee dummm *whistles* :lol:

i want that moon base as much as you, and once im sitting at a bar drinking Romulan Ale ill believe it :P

(im surprised we hav'nt already got a moon base though)

Yes Kash you do have an inarguably good point but still.. its kinda sad how we are intent on self destruction, that much i think we can all *cough* agree on? :P besides, if what you and gabrieltessin have said is true (and i believe it is) then we'd just end up continually nuking more planets instead of just 1, isnt that worse? (atleast morally) :lol:

Edited by SenitaL