Resident evil 5 Crashing

Jump4h

Hey, so, I bought the game off steam ( it was like 15 euro cheaper there than in stores) and it worked pretty flawlessly, only a crash every couple of hours. Now, when I'm in chapter 6-1, I get to play 1 minute and then it crashes. I have:

-updated Nvidia drivers

-turned off games for windows live

-made the game rogue, so noone can join it

E6750 @ 3ghz

8800GT stock

xp 64

4 gb ram

Any suggestions would be golden. Also, PM me if you have the game and want to play co-op.

EDIT: The game goes to desktop and I get the "do you want to report to microsoft this problem"

Edited by Jump4h

good Ole XP64, lol

Shes a runner, he he. My friend had XP64 for the longest, he got blue screens all the time. He was like "it only blue screens every other day, its pretty stable" The thing is, he didnt overclock., not at all. I was like, thats not normal, thats not what is supposed to be happening. He really didnt know any better.

Finally he lost a lot of data and got fed up, switched to x86 XP pro, and his blue screens stopped. I am sure he was having some kinda device driver issue, but i never looked into his computer, XP Pro fixed it and he was very happy not to see any blue screens.

But then......

He called himself OCing and used some kinda auto tool, which also OC his PCIe, not just a few mhz. he was also a raid 0 with three Sata drives, lol.

You can guess what happened, poor poor guy. I told him so, lol

Great. Anyway im getting a new computer for christmas so I guess I can play another game for the time. As I have an OEM it's only 64...

You never explained how it was crashing. Please do, even though installing xp pro fix a lot of my friends problems, doesnt mean it couldnt have been solved within the 64bit OS. Its just like ME, a lot of ppl hated it, but I still use it to this day on an Emagic Logic studio rig.

Even though it has issues, doesnt mean you cant solve them.

Edit i just seen your edit

Edited by ocre

there seems to be a lot of issues with RE5 and monitors believe it or not, in some cases you wouldnt think it was anything changing a monitor would fix. But its actually the video driver and monitor settings. Does it ever crash when changing video settings in- game such as resolutions or anything?

Here is a link for the video driver monitor issues:

http://www.gamebrood.com/2009/09/20/reside...-fix-and-fixes/

Also there are many ppl with XP 64 who have had crashing issues, and there are ppl who dont and run XP64.

Check this and let me know

People if there is anyone who could help, i really dont know what to do, tried to find a solution but nothing did work. Well here is the problem when i try to launch thr game it crashes on the startup, and there is the very well known send or don't send thing, it says RE5DX9.exe has encountered an bla bla bla . So any suggestion can help.tnx